• Vendor
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:40 AM

Congrats...good luck on the rest of your planning

#62 nbhelms

nbhelms
    • 80 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

I do not know if I would consider myself a cruise bride....but I will be going on the RCCL Freedom of the Seas and will get married while at port in St. Thomas!

#63 cruisebride1208

cruisebride1208
      • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:28 AM

Hi my name is ashley, Im getting married at sea on the Ruby Princess :)

#64 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:02 AM

Hey Ashley! Congrats on your cruise wedding :)

#65 cruisebride1208

cruisebride1208
          • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

Thanks! your wedding is coming up soon too

#66 Banana11

Banana11
            • VIP Member
            • 8,841 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:16 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cruisebride1208
              Thanks! your wedding is coming up soon too
              When is your wedding? What ports are you visiting? So exciting!

#67 Banana11

Banana11
              • VIP Member
              • 8,841 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:53 PM

I thought I would add on here instead of posting another thread...

So we found out today 4 more people booked to come on our wedding cruise! It's really exciting but to be honest my heading has been spinning since I found out and I can't unwind. There is so much information I have been sending out to everyone and I'm trying to remember it all to catch them up on the past 1+ year of planning! Ahhhhh! Plus, we started and finished a lot of our DIY projects. I still have to see if there is enough of everything! I'm one raffia fan short for the ceremony. Maybe I can buy one off of someone on BDW. Or maybe it's not a big deal if i'm one short. Plus I have to figure out the additional cost of adding 4 people to the ceremony, reception, and guest gifts. It's all worth it but I'm still having a minor coronary :).

The biggest bummer of it all is they booked online and didn't call my travel agent to even check her prices. We are one cabin short of qualifying for the next tier of benefits. And because they didn't book as a part of our group getting them in our dining requests is going to be so difficult. My TA is trying to see if it's even possible. With 27 of us total I hope it isn't impossible to be seated together.

Okay, sorry for the long post! I had to vent to fellow cruise brides!

#68 Cattie

Cattie
                • 594 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:22 AM

Andrea,

They should be able to flip there reservation over to your TA. I'd have them call the cruise line and tell them they want to have there reservation put with your TA.

#69 ABeverage

ABeverage
                  • 18 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:13 AM

Andrea,

The same thing happened to me when I had my destination cruise wedding and it turned out to not be a big deal. Our Travel Agent contacted the cruise line to let them know that they should expect a transfer. Our agent provided us a Transfer form which each of the new travelers completed and faxed over to her. From there, our agent handled everything to ensure our guests were transfered over to our group and would be included in our special pricing, dining, etc.

Everything will work out fine!

#70 Banana11

Banana11
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,841 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:32 AM

Thanks for the idea! They purchased their package on Kayak I believe? I'm not sure if it's possible to switch it but I will def look into it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users