Sign in to follow this  
Tamster808

Any other cruise brides out there?

HI Everyone... I am also a Cruise Bride.

I have booked our cruise through NCL.

We are planning on getting married on the beach, but I am thinking of getting married in St. Thomas.

(No specific venue has been chosen. Looking at Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort)

This would be on NCL's new ship, EPIC.

So I am thinking of getting married in the morning in order to get optimal lighting conditions...

Then after that it becomes a little blurry....

I would like to then go back on board and then plan to do a lunch in one of the venues... to enjoy that FREE included food.

I would LOVE to get the ship to make us a cake....(not sure if it would be possible just to order the cake).

And from what I have been told by our TA, she says that we would qualify to use our group points to use towards a cocktail party or something of that sorts....

The ship is still under construction, but this is being planned for Dec. 2010.

Any advised or information is appreciated. THANKS EVERYONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear99 View Post
I'm a Cruise Bride as well, Ceremony and the full day will be at Sea on Princess Western Caribbean.
Hey Kerbear99 and all other Princess Brides out here! I am doing mine in March 2010. And I'm dying to see pictures of an onboard wedding!

We are doing the Caribbean Princess harborside wedding with a luncheon for non-sailing guests. Still don't know what to do with the sailing guests... any ideas?

If you know of any bride that has pictures of the cake and flowers, please let me know. Are you guys nervous? I can't seem to shake off the idea that somehow, something will not be right. And I am a very optimistic person!

Thanks and Congrats to you all!

Nuni

Quote:
Originally Posted by westxgrly View Post
HI Everyone... I am also a Cruise Bride.
I have booked our cruise through NCL.
We are planning on getting married on the beach, but I am thinking of getting married in St. Thomas.
(No specific venue has been chosen. Looking at Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort)
This would be on NCL's new ship, EPIC.
So I am thinking of getting married in the morning in order to get optimal lighting conditions...
Then after that it becomes a little blurry....
I would like to then go back on board and then plan to do a lunch in one of the venues... to enjoy that FREE included food.
I would LOVE to get the ship to make us a cake....(not sure if it would be possible just to order the cake).
And from what I have been told by our TA, she says that we would qualify to use our group points to use towards a cocktail party or something of that sorts....

The ship is still under construction, but this is being planned for Dec. 2010.

Any advised or information is appreciated. THANKS EVERYONE
Hi West!

You have to go thru The Wedding Experience to do this. I don't think anyone else is "authorized" to coordinate your wedding other than them. Check the wedding brochure for the cruise line.

Good luck!

Nuni

Wex if you want to get married thru the cruiseline than you have to use the wedding experience. But since you want to get married on the island you can use an on island coordinator. I worked with Janelle Scott of Island Bliss Weddings. Happy Planning.

Originally Posted by dai69 View Post

We plan to be cruise brides very soon as we will be booking in the next few weeks.

Where have all the cruise brides gone!?!?!? sad.gif

I'm here! November 1, 2011. Ship leaves Miami October 29 2011 and we will be married in St Thomas! I'm so excited - almost at the one year mark. Carnival has been great so far!

Originally Posted by goodtoglow View Post

I'm here! November 1, 2011. Ship leaves Miami October 29 2011 and we will be married in St Thomas! I'm so excited - almost at the one year mark. Carnival has been great so far!

Glad to see I'm not the only one still here.

Congrats!

So far we haven't really dealt with our cruise consultant. We are so far out I feel like there is nothing to really do! lol