Any other cruise brides out there?

Tamster808

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was married through NCL's wedding department last may, but didn't get married on the ship. They are actually the same company that works with Royal Caribbean too, they just go by a different name with NCL...don't ask me why, just one of their many quirks I guess. msnwink.gif

The planners they have within the company seem to vary WIDELY in competancy. Some have been given rave reviews, others (mine included) don't seem to have as much on the ball. I had to confirm my location three times, and there was still confusion when the final paperwork came through for me to sign. They do seem to pull it all together in time for the wedding though, although that does nothing to alleviate the worries in our heads throughout the planning process. I strongly reccommend keeping printed copies of all emails and correspondance, and bringing it with you the day of the wedding, just in case you need to argue a point. These companies process so many brides at the same time, it's inevitible that some details fall through the cracks...scary, I know!

I'm sure everything will work out fine for all you cruise brides!

thewave.gif

Just keep firing off emails with your questions and queries, and if that doesn't work, keep making phone calls until someone has to talk to you. They really do try to be helpful once you have them one on one.

I am getting married Jan 2009 - on RC "Grandeur of the Seas" - in the port of Tampa, Fl - we've only just started with some details; as it seems they want the wedding to be right on top of us - before there is too much planning. But so far - so good!!

Good Luck ~

Nicole

I have not done anything but book it. I am trying to get a newsletter together and STD magnets to send out. I need to get alot done now while I have time. I am always extremely busy in the beginning of the year. Plus I am being promoted at the end of the year so I will be crazy busy.

Girls, let me ask since I have toyed with the idea of being a cruise bride since we just got back from RC Freedom of the seas and we loved it... What made you decide? Your guests will be with you all week. That is my only drawback, no "honeymoon". My FI wants us time after the ceremony. What is your game plan for that aspect?

What made us decide was the cost...it was far more affordable for all involved to take the cruise. We got married in Bermuda, rather than in the starting port of Boston, so we weren't faced with having our guests with us for more than two days after the wedding. We then went on a separate honeymoon after we returned.

I couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out (in spite of some communication problems with the coordinator), and I absolutely loved cruising to Bermuda. I've flown there a number of times, but nothing compares to coming upon the island from the sea.