Photo

Warning to All Brides Shipping Favors to Cabo or Mexico....

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

Interesting information, thank you for sharing!

#12 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AllureEventDesign
      I should also add that it's unlikely that you'll have a problem bringing items with you through customs... Customs officials are used to seeing wedding groups, so should it become an issue, just let them know you are getting married here. That should take care of it.
      Hey Vari, I keep meaning to tell you that Brendan and I decided to bring our stuff with us on the plane, rather than ship it. We called the airline and found out the rate for extra baggage and it turns out to be MUCH cheaper to do it this way. Plus I won't be freaking out that my boxes won't make it to the hotel.

#13 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

I would also suggest, from my experience, bringing your receipts with you just in case...I was actually asked for them by the custom's officials...I know a lot of brides didn't run into this, but I did. They didn't examine them too closely when they saw that most of my receipts were for small amounts (I had a lot of small receipts and I don't think they really wanted to add them up)

I also had family members "share the load"...in addition to our luggage (clothing) we had 3 big plastic storage bins taped up and 2 large duffels (as large as permitted). It worked out perfectly this way and didn't cost us any additional shipping fees.
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#14 Nene

Nene
        • 86 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

Once again thanking of informing us of this issue-Yes another stresser!!!

#15 Saraha

Saraha
          • 2,597 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:00 PM

I would have never known that thanks for giving us a heads up!

#16 Leia78

Leia78
            • VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I wish I could ship stuff over there in advance. But I'm just going to lug all my wedding crap with me

#17 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,513 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:27 PM

My resort doesn't allow things to be shipped ahead of time which I intially thought of being a big PITA but after this thread I feel ok! I have saved all my reciepts so I will be sure to bring them with! Thanks for all the info!

#18 DreamsDreamer

DreamsDreamer
                • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:14 AM

Oh! good to know that we should bring our receipts. I think I would feel more at peace boxing them up and bringing them with also. We pay extra either way, whether shipping them beforehand or taking them with. So might as well see them and know that they get to the hotel with you, rather than wandering aimlessly and hoping that they end up in Yesica's office. I know that Yesica requested that all favors and items be sent one month prior to the wedding, but then they just sit there in the office anyway.

#19 AllureEventDesign

AllureEventDesign
                  • 115 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

Hi Jen! I somehow missed your post yesterday!.. anyway, I'm glad to hear you and Brendan decided to bring the items on the plane with you instead of shipping them ahead of time, it also doesn't hurt that it's going to cost you less!! Great decision!

#20 gttrph

gttrph
                    • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:15 AM

wow! thanks for all the great info guys! I never would have even thought such issues could come up! yikes! and i was even told to only ship suff a couple of WEEKS in advance..not a month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users