Sign in to follow this  
angitalia23

Momzilla!

Okay honestly, I love my mom but she is driving me insane with wedding planning. First, there is not much for her to do with our Cabo Wedding for obvious reasons....Ive been ordering stuff online, I love planning & well let's face it...I Have BDW!!!

Anyhow, even though I show her everything and ask for opinions it's not enough. She's even addressing my shower invites (She does amazing caligraphy) but still this is not enough. I feel like im hurting her feelings but I dont know what else to do!

Her new thing is AHR...we were going to do it at my inlaws new home, a garden party totally nice with dinner, servers, etc! Well today she expressed that its not good enough, she's concerned that people will come in shorts....seriously this is her concern!!!!

Oh goodness Angela, sounds like she is trying to get her wedding fix. Is there any chance of talking to her? Sounds like you are trying to keep her as involved as possible, thats all you can do. Maybe one of our BDW moms can lend some advice.

I had to LOL when I read the "people coming shorts" comment. My mom is so afraid of that happening at our wedding. It just makes me laugh.

Is your mom by chance Hispanic?

LOL that made me laugh. I know it's not funny to you but her being concerned with people wearing shorts just made me giggle =) I feel terrrible for my Mom, my sister just got married 6 months ago! I bet she wishes that she would have gotten a breather between the two.

At least your mom is involved! I really wish my mom had a little more input or was a little more helpfull about my wedding.

Angela - I've got the perfect solution. Let's mix 1/2 your mom with 1/2 my mom and we'll have a perfect MOB!

OH my God you guys are making me laugh! Thank you.

My mom is a crazy italian! She is trying to plan the AHR at a really nice hotel by us, which is nice of her...but my FI is mad about that cause he wants the AHR to be casual and we are having a ton of people at the AHR, so it would be like a second wedding which I do not want nor need!

P.S. I should add that my sister got married 5 months ago and ever since then my mom has been wanting to do it all over again....for the love of god!!!!!!!!

She's going to drive me to have many cocktails tonitesmile105.gif

I "hope" my daughter is liking my help......I'm trying to let her make ALL the decisions and not be pushy. I offer suggestions and of course not all of them are appreciated! She's not the type to like lots of details, but that's my area - I LOVE lists! We have a running joke now that before anything is decided on, she has to tell me "Final Answer".