Photo

Momzilla!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 angitalia23

angitalia23
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

Okay honestly, I love my mom but she is driving me insane with wedding planning. First, there is not much for her to do with our Cabo Wedding for obvious reasons....Ive been ordering stuff online, I love planning & well let's face it...I Have BDW!!!

Anyhow, even though I show her everything and ask for opinions it's not enough. She's even addressing my shower invites (She does amazing caligraphy) but still this is not enough. I feel like im hurting her feelings but I dont know what else to do!

Her new thing is AHR...we were going to do it at my inlaws new home, a garden party totally nice with dinner, servers, etc! Well today she expressed that its not good enough, she's concerned that people will come in shorts....seriously this is her concern!!!!
    Anthony & Angela
    19 June 2008

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

Oh goodness Angela, sounds like she is trying to get her wedding fix. Is there any chance of talking to her? Sounds like you are trying to keep her as involved as possible, thats all you can do. Maybe one of our BDW moms can lend some advice.

#3 Lorilou

Lorilou
      • 533 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

that's the main reason we did an AHR -so she can plan that. it's worked great. is that an option for you?

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

I had to LOL when I read the "people coming shorts" comment. My mom is so afraid of that happening at our wedding. It just makes me laugh.

Is your mom by chance Hispanic?

#5 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
          • 794 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

LOL that made me laugh. I know it's not funny to you but her being concerned with people wearing shorts just made me giggle =) I feel terrrible for my Mom, my sister just got married 6 months ago! I bet she wishes that she would have gotten a breather between the two.
            HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
            http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

At least your mom is involved! I really wish my mom had a little more input or was a little more helpfull about my wedding.

#7 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:21 PM

Angela - I've got the perfect solution. Let's mix 1/2 your mom with 1/2 my mom and we'll have a perfect MOB!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#8 angitalia23

angitalia23
              • 1,029 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

OH my God you guys are making me laugh! Thank you.

My mom is a crazy italian! She is trying to plan the AHR at a really nice hotel by us, which is nice of her...but my FI is mad about that cause he wants the AHR to be casual and we are having a ton of people at the AHR, so it would be like a second wedding which I do not want nor need!

P.S. I should add that my sister got married 5 months ago and ever since then my mom has been wanting to do it all over again....for the love of god!!!!!!!!

She's going to drive me to have many cocktails tonite
                Anthony & Angela
                19 June 2008

#9 MelanieS

MelanieS
                • 820 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

I "hope" my daughter is liking my help......I'm trying to let her make ALL the decisions and not be pushy. I offer suggestions and of course not all of them are appreciated! She's not the type to like lots of details, but that's my area - I LOVE lists! We have a running joke now that before anything is decided on, she has to tell me "Final Answer".

#10 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
                  • 794 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:18 PM

OMG I am so surprised your sister just got married and she is ready to do it all over again!!! I can tell my poor Mom is exhuasted after my sister's wedding 6 months ago. = )
                    HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
                    http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users