Photo

Underwear help desperately needed!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 AmyFled

AmyFled
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:04 PM

I just wanted to say that I tried on your dress and it was so cute! Simple and elegant!!!!

#12 Denise40

Denise40
    • 407 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

Which one have you all bought? They have so many choices. Has anyone tried the full slip one? I was thinking of the one that goes from under the bra down to the thighs, because I need lots of help. LOL

#13 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Denise40
        Which one have you all bought? They have so many choices. Has anyone tried the full slip one? I was thinking of the one that goes from under the bra down to the thighs, because I need lots of help. LOL
        I have that one...I like the one w/o the bra better.

Do you have a nordstrom's near you? They allow you to try it on and see which one will be better for you.

#14 PaulaV

PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:10 PM

I had the same issue with my dress.
          It was one layer and you could see any underwear line under it.

I bought Spanx 'Higher Power' and they did NOT work well, for me.
          They are supposed to come up under the bustline and down the thighs.
          I don't know about other Spanx, but what's up with the seams down the middle of the back and front?!
          The seams are thicker than you would have in pantyhose and squiggly!
          (And what's up with the opening down there? Do they really think I can aim? Just kidding).
          Anyway, I could not wear them under my dress.

I just checked the tags of the underwear I actually used and there is no brand on them... grrr... they were perfect. The style, etc. is stamped inside them, no brand.
          Similar to 'Commandos' but much less $$.
          I bought them at Filene's Basement, but I think TJMaxx, Marshall's, or Macy's might have them.
          They are nude in colour, but they have a raw edge. No finishing which was the key, no edge needed with that material.
          Both the regular style and the thong have a 'V" front, so it helps with no roll.
          I apologize I cannot be more specific, but I didn't keep the tag.

I must say shopping for underwear was harder (and less fun) than buying my wedding dress :)

#15 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
          haha I think her line of Assets is even more clever word play. If Spanx is too expensive- check out Assets. They are carried at Target.
          I was gonna say this too, Rachel you are on it!

Rachel, BTW, what in the world is the deal with your siggy? Has me cracking up, but I'm not sure why! Reminds me of the Axe commercials?!

#16 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:33 AM

hehe I know. It looks like some chick is licking Steve's face.

I bought a great pair of seamless underwear- they were less expensive than VS. I can't remember where I picked them up. I'll look at the brand when I go home. Comfy underwear is a must.
            Happily married since 2008

#17 LeeN

LeeN
            • 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm off to Target tomorrow anyway, so I'll check out the Spanx-like line there and see what they look like.

I really think I've spent more time on the underwear than the dress! That's just not right!

#18 Bavaro-Princess

Bavaro-Princess
              • 92 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LeeN
                Thanks everyone! I'm off to Target tomorrow anyway, so I'll check out the Spanx-like line there and see what they look like.

I really think I've spent more time on the underwear than the dress! That's just not right!

I think the most important part of an outfit is the underwear... i hope ypu find something... keep us posted

ohh the joy of being a GIRL!!!

#19 LeeN

LeeN
                • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for all of the tips! I got a pair of 'Assets' from Target that go from waist to mid thigh, and they're perfect! No rolls, no lines, just what I wanted! Now on to shoes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users