Photo

What to wear?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jenanmag

jenanmag
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

What is the dress code like at the RIU. I just bought a few dresses to take with me. . .I hate shorts but don't want to appear too dressy? Any clothing advice?

#2 Bride010101

Bride010101
    • 1,547 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:26 AM

I believe that a lot of the sit-down dinner places have dress codes. Hopefully a preivous ROR bride can help with the specifics though!

I also have a dress code question - I beleive guys are not allowed to wear flipflops/sandals for the sit down dinners. First, is that correct? Second, does that apply to wedding parties? (I want all the groomsman in leather flipflop sandals...)

#3 jmhein

jmhein
      • 665 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

The dress code for walking around in the evenings is whatever you want it to be! But I do notice a lot of ladies like to wear dresses (including me) in the humidity because they are just more comfortable to wear in the heat and humidity than shorts! I would bring a lot of cute breezy dresses and/or skirts!
        Some of the restaurants do have dress codes and they are more strict with the men - long pants and close-toed shoes. I will try to find a thing I brought home with me that outlined the dress code for the different restaurants and post it later today after work.
        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#4 jenanmag

jenanmag
        • 36 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:57 PM

Great! I spent all night last night shopping and found several cute dresses! So now there is one worry off my mind! lol

#5 AmyFled

AmyFled
          • 100 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

Do you think they will say anything about a wedding party? I wouldn't think so, everyone in my wedding party will be in flip flops....

#6 dragonfly

dragonfly
            • 1,820 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

I live in skirts and dresses all summer long, way more comfortable and cooler then shorts. I think you can dress up or down a skirt as much as you want, tank top flip flops and your ready for the day, throw on a dressy shoe and your ready for the night.

#7 jmhein

jmhein
              • 665 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

Sorry for the bad scan - but this is the little info sheet you get about the restaurants at the Riu Ocho Rios:
                Click the image to open in full size.
                Now that I think about it, we never ran into any troubles with footwear, and they dont specify any footwear requirements on this sheet. You'll see under dinner, they have little pictures on the left - they mean "No Shorts", and "No Tank Tops".
                ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#8 christenew

christenew
                • 325 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

Thanks so much. That is very helpful!

#9 hulahooty

hulahooty
                  • 34 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

That is so helpful. Thanks a bunch

#10 KimmyKatBride

KimmyKatBride
                    • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:17 AM

Holy Cow! What great info! Right from the hotel sheet, I'm impressed!!! Thank you!! :)
                      At the RIU OCHO RIOS January 27th, 2007 where we got engaged!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users