what are you doing for bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Bella

• 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

I am having my wedding at a Hacienda in Mexico. It has beautiful gardens and bright flowers. I am planning to have fuchsia and tangerine flowers.

I would love to have my 3 bridesmaids wear dresses that are made out of the same material but different styles. I would also like to pay for them, so it would be great if they were under $200.
    Should I even have them wear "bridesmaids" dresses? What are your guys going?
    Any suggestions of colors, styles, or brands?
    thanks a bunch

#2 -Kate-

• VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

I'm no help here...I'm letting my girls pick their own. J Crew always has nice simple dresses though.

#3 NHPT

• 3,848 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

i originally thought we would buy "normal" dresses from nordstroms or something but didnt really find anything that worked. so we did end up finding some dresses at a bridal boutique. they are pretty basic blue dresses. i attached a pic- let me know if it works.
        *****one HUGE tip- write down the brand and style number of the dresses you like and go to netbride.com and they will send you a quoteof cost per dress. i was a little skeptical but it save me about $30 ( i only bought two dresses). and i received the dresses and they were perfect.
        Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#4 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:52 PM

I think it depends on the look you're going for, for your wedding. I'm only having about 20 ppl (i think) and I'm trying to keep things very simple, so for my sister we will probably look at bridesmaid dresses when I look for a dress, something simple, short in length, and comfortable for the beach, but I have seen some really cute dresses other girls have posted on this forum from J. Crew & Nordstroms. Most important I'd like my sister to be able to wear the dress again and ultimately I'll let her pick it.

#5 REBECCA

• VIP Member
          • 1,825 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:04 PM

I did bridesmaid dresses only because I had 5 girls and a junior BM. All of my BM's had different body types, a couple of them were pretty heavy-chested. So Empire-wasted dresses were out.

And my Junior BM would have been devastated to not match the other girls. An official BM dress was just the best option for us!

If you don't have any issues like that, then definitely go for a summer-type dress.

Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#6 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

here's a thread with bm dresses

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 leigh miller

leigh miller
            • 936 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

i think anthropologie has some cute colorful dresses.

#8 weez

• 151 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:12 PM

We are having a really small wedding (only around 15 people) so I only have one bridesmaid (MOH) and she picked out her own dress, she actually got it on e-bay for like $40 brand new!! It's a traditional long style but it lightweight material so it should be perfect. She said the lady had bought all her BM dresses and then changed her colour scheme so was selling them all cheap! There are tons of new stuff on the so check it out!

#9 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

Evening dresses, cocktail, prom dresses, gowns by eDressMe

This site always has cute dresses. At least I think they are cute. LOL. They also do imitations of dresses celebrities have worn but for much cheaper.

#10 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:24 AM

I still want something formal. I'm planning on having my BM dresses made by this great seamstress who I've known for years. (she maid my BM dress for my Brother's wedding for $50 bux!) Think of the blue dress in brown and I also like Jennifer Garner's dress but would make it less revealing.

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users