Photo

What to do for FI's B-day (day before our wedding)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 amyrak

amyrak
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hello all,

Greg's birthday is going to be the day before we get married so I'm trying to think of something special to do to celebrate it. We almost were going to get married that day but the day after worked out better (Thanksgiving) I was thinking of what kind of special gift or maybe some kind of welcome/birthday party since the last of our guests will be arriving that day.

I'm open to suggestions :)

#2 dmarie17

dmarie17
    • 276 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

What if you planned a surprise party for him at one of the restaurants (I'm assuming that it's an AI)? Since all your guests will be there already it would be easy to tell him that it's a 'welcome party'. A lot of the resorts will do a special cake or something nice. Because your wedding is right after, it's kinda like a birthday at Christmas time.. it would be nice to do something special that celebrates him!

#3 MissyR

MissyR
      • 1,210 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

Your wedding is the same day as mine! I really like the idea of a surprise party - if you wanted to do something private you could arrange for a dinner on the beach or something just the two of you!

#4 Dbld78

Dbld78
        • Banned
        • 665 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:24 PM

A surprise party is a great idea! He probably won't expect it either because of all the wedding events.

My FI's 30th is a week before our wedding and we leave the day after his birthday so I won't be able to have a party or anything but we'll do something when we're there.

Guys are different about their birthdays then us girls....it doesn't seem to bother them but if you do something special I'm sure he'll really appreciate it.

#5 amym567

amym567
          • 403 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

Kevin's birthday was the Sunday before our wedding, and we just made reservations for the whole group to eat at the steakhouse (his fave) that night. The waiters brought out a sombrero and a whipped cream pie, which they shoved his face in! After, a bunch of us went to the bars in downtown Playa. He had a great b-day!
            Amy

#6 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:53 PM

A great gift would be a BD book.

#7 amyrak

amyrak
              • 469 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for the great ideas! I contacted the wedding coordinator and I think he's going to help me figure something out. Should be fun! They said they could even do something at the nightly show. Not sure if FI would be too happy about that though :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users