Photo

Personalized Ceremony Music

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tamster808

Tamster808
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

My FI is a HUGE Star Wars fan (yeah he is a geek but I love him for it) and a HUGE Michigan fan. So for our wedding I am going to enter to the Star Wars opening theme. After the ceremony we will walk out to Hail to the Victors- Michigan fight song. I am surprising him with this so I can't wait until he hears the music. I am not going for a very traditional wedding and I just think it fits us.

#2 PaulaV

PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

I think if it fits your personalities, then definitely do it~!
      It is your wedding!

I incorporated an OSU garter, he was very surprised!
      We played 'Hang on Sloopy' (the O-H-I-O version) at the reception and it even got our MI guests dancing :)

#3 Taradactyle

Taradactyle
      • 427 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:14 AM

I think it is a great idea! We are UCLA fans and we are incorporating it into the wedding wherever we can.
        Tara & Patrick

Our Non-Pro Pics: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32280

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:06 AM

I think that's awesome, make it your own!

#5 Tamster808

Tamster808
          • 193 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:38 AM

I think everyone will be surprised when they hear the music. But once they hear it they will think- that is typical Tami and Jason. We are not a traditional couple AT ALL. I just want everyone to know the whole point of the wedding is to have fun together.

#6 coming together

coming together
            • 162 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:10 PM

I think personalizing makes it that much better. The girls on here think I am crazy b/c I am having a bride Marge and Groom Homer Simpson on my cake, but you know what.. marriage is all about compromise, and since he really doesn't have a say in anything else (chuckle) he can have his simpson cake topper!

#7 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
              • 1,881 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

I was a huge Fab Five fan and I LOVE Hail to the Victors song even though I did not go to Michigan. I thinkt hat is such a cute idea!!
                http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

#8 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:49 PM

I love how you are walking up to the Star Wars theme lol I'm a huge fan of the movies

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:20 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by coming together
                    I think personalizing makes it that much better. The girls on here think I am crazy b/c I am having a bride Marge and Groom Homer Simpson on my cake, but you know what.. marriage is all about compromise, and since he really doesn't have a say in anything else (chuckle) he can have his simpson cake topper!
                    I think that's great. We love the simpsons too.

We are walking in to an instrumental version of Counting Crows Colorblind that a friend is recording on his keyboard. If we had a reception we'd definitly play the Texas A&M fight song. That's one of my favorite parts of an Aggie wedding. Many A&M brides walk in to the fight song. Then they have cakes in the shape of bonfire or senior corps boots.

I thought Susan's ceremony with the Shrek song was so cool. I love non-traditional, personal touches.

Some friends of ours had Final Fantasy music at their wedding.

I've heard The Bridal March & Canon in D enough with all the weddings I've been to. I like something unique.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users