Venting Bm & Dress

I have two bridesmaid, I selected the color and they are fine with color.

This is the issue:

BM1:is in a wedding coming up, that bride and I selected the same color

BM 1 said she will wear the dress to my wedding, not a problem for me

Well BM1 ,think the dress will be to hot for my wedding because of the fabric which is silk shantung and she sweats. I never told her to wear that dress for my wedding.

BM2: BM2 told BM1 that silk shantung dress is too fancy for a beach wedding and she sweats also and will be hot. I came across on dress on Macys

that is perfect for a beach wedding and the perfect color, BM1 said the dress is to clingy for her. Have not heard from BM2 about the dress at Macys.

I am so tried of going back and forth with me, these are 2 chics who have wonderful taste in fashion, I never thought this would be this hard. I picked the color and told them to get a dress that they like and comfortable for the wedding. I emailed both bm today and told them to get a white sun dress, that they like and is comfortable for a beach wedding. My dress is ivory so a white dress for them is not a issue with me.

Was that the best solution to give them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendra View Post
I have two bridesmaid, I selected the color and they are fine with color.
This is the issue:
BM1:is in a wedding coming up, that bride and I selected the same color
BM 1 said she will wear the dress to my wedding, not a problem for me
Well BM1 ,think the dress will be to hot for my wedding because of the fabric which is silk shantung and she sweats. I never told her to wear that dress for my wedding.

BM2: BM2 told BM1 that silk shantung dress is too fancy for a beach wedding and she sweats also and will be hot. I came across on dress on Macys
that is perfect for a beach wedding and the perfect color, BM1 said the dress is to clingy for her. Have not heard from BM2 about the dress at Macys.

I am so tried of going back and forth with me, these are 2 chics who have wonderful taste in fashion, I never thought this would be this hard. I picked the color and told them to get a dress that they like and comfortable for the wedding. I emailed both bm today and told them to get a white sun dress, that they like and is comfortable for a beach wedding. My dress is ivory so a white dress for them is not a issue with me.

Was that the best solution to give them?
Sounds like a good solution to me. You could also just say "Leave ME ALONE!!!!" You told them the color - let them pick the dress. Tell them not to bother you or ask you - just pick a f'n dress in that color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraha View Post
DAMN! Those are some picky BM. Arent they supposed to just wear what you tell them to?? Or are those days over haha. I think white will look very nice, especially on the beach!
My next question to them is "Who's wedding is this" they are over picky
My FI told me to tell them come in bra's and thongs since they are picky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
I say tell them to go shopping together and pick out their own dang dresses in the color you want.
i totally agree with Lisa. you are being really nice about it and giving them a lot of choices - tell them to figure it out! fryingpan.gif

ok that's plain retarded! What's so hard to understand? Pick a stinkin dress! I honestly would say "look- I just gave you a color. I tried to help with options. Figure it out from here."

I had a BM that was kinda picky too. I can't wait for her to get hitched so I can give it right back. I had their dresses altered to fit them at the knee. She has issues with that and wants it drastically shorter because her legs look better that way. I reminded her it's my wedding- not a night at the club so she can shorten it later if she wants to. For now, it's knee length or you sit your butt in the crowd with a really short dress. Thank goodness she's my cousin so I can say things like that. haha

first i should tell you that im feeling really bitchy today...

but DAMN you have some picky BMs! i was in a wedding where the bride was such a bitch, she dictated everything down to approving the color of the freaking champagne colored shoes (which, may i add, were out of season for an october wedding, and VERY difficult to find!). those girls are lucky you even gave them a choice. why is it so freaking hard for people to not complainhuh.gif its not their wedding so stfu.gif !!! they can do what they want at their own weddings. i think it was incredibly gracious of you to offer them a second option.

thank god my BMs have not said two words about the dresses i asked them to wear. i said this is the color, this is where you can buy it, i dont care which cut/style you get, or what shoes you wear. they were all like "ok! cool!" thank goodness.