Jump to content

Photo

Venting Bm & Dress


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Golden

Golden
  • Jr. Member
  • 354 posts

    Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

    I have two bridesmaid, I selected the color and they are fine with color.
    This is the issue:
    BM1:is in a wedding coming up, that bride and I selected the same color
    BM 1 said she will wear the dress to my wedding, not a problem for me
    Well BM1 ,think the dress will be to hot for my wedding because of the fabric which is silk shantung and she sweats. I never told her to wear that dress for my wedding.

    BM2: BM2 told BM1 that silk shantung dress is too fancy for a beach wedding and she sweats also and will be hot. I came across on dress on Macys
    that is perfect for a beach wedding and the perfect color, BM1 said the dress is to clingy for her. Have not heard from BM2 about the dress at Macys.

    I am so tried of going back and forth with me, these are 2 chics who have wonderful taste in fashion, I never thought this would be this hard. I picked the color and told them to get a dress that they like and comfortable for the wedding. I emailed both bm today and told them to get a white sun dress, that they like and is comfortable for a beach wedding. My dress is ivory so a white dress for them is not a issue with me.

    Was that the best solution to give them?

    #2 Saraha

    Saraha
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,597 posts

      Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

      DAMN! Those are some picky BM. Arent they supposed to just wear what you tell them to?? Or are those days over haha. I think white will look very nice, especially on the beach!

      #3 -Kate-

      -Kate-
      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

        Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:08 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by kendra
        I have two bridesmaid, I selected the color and they are fine with color.
        This is the issue:
        BM1:is in a wedding coming up, that bride and I selected the same color
        BM 1 said she will wear the dress to my wedding, not a problem for me
        Well BM1 ,think the dress will be to hot for my wedding because of the fabric which is silk shantung and she sweats. I never told her to wear that dress for my wedding.

        BM2: BM2 told BM1 that silk shantung dress is too fancy for a beach wedding and she sweats also and will be hot. I came across on dress on Macys
        that is perfect for a beach wedding and the perfect color, BM1 said the dress is to clingy for her. Have not heard from BM2 about the dress at Macys.

        I am so tried of going back and forth with me, these are 2 chics who have wonderful taste in fashion, I never thought this would be this hard. I picked the color and told them to get a dress that they like and comfortable for the wedding. I emailed both bm today and told them to get a white sun dress, that they like and is comfortable for a beach wedding. My dress is ivory so a white dress for them is not a issue with me.

        Was that the best solution to give them?
        Sounds like a good solution to me. You could also just say "Leave ME ALONE!!!!" You told them the color - let them pick the dress. Tell them not to bother you or ask you - just pick a f'n dress in that color.

        #4 Golden

        Golden
        • Jr. Member
        • 354 posts

          Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Saraha
          DAMN! Those are some picky BM. Arent they supposed to just wear what you tell them to?? Or are those days over haha. I think white will look very nice, especially on the beach!
          My next question to them is "Who's wedding is this" they are over picky
          My FI told me to tell them come in bra's and thongs since they are picky

          #5 Saraha

          Saraha
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,597 posts

            Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:13 PM

            HAHA I think thats a great solution!

            #6 LisaG

            LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

              Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:24 PM

              I say tell them to go shopping together and pick out their own dang dresses in the color you want.

              #7 Alyssa

              Alyssa
              • Sr. Member
              • 11,793 posts

                Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by LisaG
                I say tell them to go shopping together and pick out their own dang dresses in the color you want.
                i totally agree with Lisa. you are being really nice about it and giving them a lot of choices - tell them to figure it out!

                #8 Sandra E.

                Sandra E.
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,183 posts

                  Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

                  I think you're too patient and shouldn't be dealing with all this small stuff. You made it very easy, you gave them the color and they can choose the dress? What else do they want. Tell them to figure it out.

                  #9 jajajaja

                  jajajaja
                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

                    Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

                    ok that's plain retarded! What's so hard to understand? Pick a stinkin dress! I honestly would say "look- I just gave you a color. I tried to help with options. Figure it out from here."

                    I had a BM that was kinda picky too. I can't wait for her to get hitched so I can give it right back. I had their dresses altered to fit them at the knee. She has issues with that and wants it drastically shorter because her legs look better that way. I reminded her it's my wedding- not a night at the club so she can shorten it later if she wants to. For now, it's knee length or you sit your butt in the crowd with a really short dress. Thank goodness she's my cousin so I can say things like that. haha
                    Happily married since 2008

                    #10 Maura

                    Maura

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 5,752 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

                    Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

                    first i should tell you that im feeling really bitchy today...

                    but DAMN you have some picky BMs! i was in a wedding where the bride was such a bitch, she dictated everything down to approving the color of the freaking champagne colored shoes (which, may i add, were out of season for an october wedding, and VERY difficult to find!). those girls are lucky you even gave them a choice. why is it so freaking hard for people to not complain its not their wedding so !!! they can do what they want at their own weddings. i think it was incredibly gracious of you to offer them a second option.

                    thank god my BMs have not said two words about the dresses i asked them to wear. i said this is the color, this is where you can buy it, i dont care which cut/style you get, or what shoes you wear. they were all like "ok! cool!" thank goodness.




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users