25 replies to this topic

#11 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExcellenteBride2B
    My WC suggested 5:00 also...cocktails at 6 and reception at 7
    We're probably doing the same timeline. I think it works best this way! Enough time for pictures and gives time for thoses guests who want to maybe freshen up before dinner.
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#12 Otis1230

Otis1230
    • 130 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

we are doing some pics before the weding and then the group pics after the ceremony- @530 she said will stillbe ok
      Michael & Lisa
      April 25th, 2008
      Paradisus Punta Cana

#13 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

Ours is at 3pm. Hoped to push it til 4 but not possible.

So ceremony is at 3 and reception begins at 5pm.

Was hoping for pre and post cocktail reception at the gazebo but not sure if $$ will alllow... So, there could be some lag time for guests but hopefully they won't get too hammered before the reception starts. lol.

#14 raquelmaddox1

raquelmaddox1
        • 22 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

Tami -- I am having my wedding around the same time as you did this year. Do you recommend having the ceremony at 3pm like you did? Or perhaps a little later? Filling out the paperwork now and they are asking me for a preferred slot. The ideal situation is that we get the ceremony out of the way around 3 or 4, have some time for cocktails afterwards, and then off for beautiful sunset pictures.

#15 EricaG

EricaG
          • 1,915 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

We are having our wedding at about 3pm as well. Then there is no worries about getting the pics done before the sun goes down.
            http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
            My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#16 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
            • 1,209 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:00 PM

We've booked ours for 3:30, cocktail hour from 4-5 and then dinner's at 7.
              I asked the WC when the sun sets on our day and she says shortly after 5pm, so hopefully we'll have time for photos in light and then as the sun sets.

I got worried though after reading all these horror stories of judges not turning up in time, being like an hour late or never showing, so I also wanted to make sure that even if the wedding starts a little late we won't be in the dark. :)

#17 Copita

Copita
              • 979 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ExcellenteBride2B
                My WC suggested 5:00 also...cocktails at 6 and reception at 7
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by twinkletoes
                We're probably doing the same timeline. I think it works best this way! Enough time for pictures and gives time for thoses guests who want to maybe freshen up before dinner.

Ladies, it looks like we have the same schedule :)
                Our ceremony is at 5, (am hoping half an hour or less), pictures will be taken afterward with our cocktail/h'ors deurves being served, and then the reception is slated for 7, or as soon as we are done with everything.

#18 dainanewell

dainanewell
                • 203 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

I just found out that my wedding is going to be at 7 pm...I hope the sun doesn't set that early

#19 Varia

Varia
                  • 119 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

Hi dainanewell,

I believe the sunset is at 5:45pm and it gets dark around 6:10pm in December.

#20 dainanewell

dainanewell
                    • 203 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

wow I guess I'm having a night wedding.....it's the only time they could get a judge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users