Photo

Undecided bride. Ireland? Southwest? Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Theresa13

Theresa13
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

Hello,

My name's Theresa and my boyfriend and I got engaged a few weeks ago. We want a destination wedding for sure, but are having a really hard time narrowing it down because we love so many places!

The date is TBA depending on the location.

We would love to share a great experience with our close friends and family while still keeping it relatively affordable for everyone.

Top choices so far: Ireland, Yellowstone or Yosemite National Parks, Southwest USA, parts of Mexico, esp. Tulum (even though we are leaning against that because my sister just got married there a couple of months ago at the very place which would have been my top choice!).

Any suggestions? I'm so happy to find a group of people I can talk to about this!

Theresa

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:39 PM

to the forum! You will find tons of info here. Ireland would be so great for a DW! I was there once and fell in love with the country. Happy planning!!!

#3 Autumn

Autumn
      • 1,166 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

welcome to the forum, Theresa - and congratulations!!
        you've come to the right place and I'm sure you'll find tons of info here to help

(of those you listed my vote would be Ireland - the eastern coast south of Galway is spectacular!!
        but then again, Yosemite is pretty amazing too.. )
        best of luck to you!

#4 tlomlad

tlomlad
        • Banned
        • 1,949 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

welcome!!!!!

#5 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
          • 1,565 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

tulum or ireland for sure... from a photographers stand point anyways. those places are so picturesque. total dichotomys though. ireland is such a beautiful country though.

happy planning and i hope you find the answeres to your decision.

:)

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Theresa13
            Hello,

My name's Theresa and my boyfriend and I got engaged a few weeks ago. We want a destination wedding for sure, but are having a really hard time narrowing it down because we love so many places!

The date is TBA depending on the location.

We would love to share a great experience with our close friends and family while still keeping it relatively affordable for everyone.

Top choices so far: Ireland, Yellowstone or Yosemite National Parks, Southwest USA, parts of Mexico, esp. Tulum (even though we are leaning against that because my sister just got married there a couple of months ago at the very place which would have been my top choice!).

Any suggestions? I'm so happy to find a group of people I can talk to about this!

Theresa

#6 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
            • 2,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

Hi Theresa,
              Welcome to the forum! Is there a place that you have been secretly leaning towards? It took me a while to decide, but in my heart I knew it was Cabo.

#7 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

Welcome to the forum!! I love Ireland!! It is gorgeous there!!! That is a great choice but may be more pricey then other choices. I am sure you will come up with a great selection with the help of everyone here!

#8 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
                • 1,016 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

Hello Theresa. Congrats and welcome. All of those places sound fantastic. You have a tough choice but the good thing is that you can't go wrong. Good luck!

#9 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
                  • 489 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

Welcome and Happy planning!
                    http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#10 Dbld78

Dbld78
                    • Banned
                    • 665 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

Well......I would say IRELAND! But I know it's really expensive, we are doing our honeymoon there and it's not cheap. If I have endless $$$$ I would do Ireland, but Yellowstone would be AWESOME! Your pictures would be AMAZING (I'm a photographer too....hahahaha)!

Don't mind my enthusaism.....a little giddy on cold medicine...lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users