• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

Okay, I thought I really wanted a monogram cake topper of our initials. I've been looking & looking and can't make a decision. I thought that I would buy a plain one and then bling it out myself as I've seen many of you do. I really like how Shelley's starfish cake topper came out & figure I can do that myself.
    I don't want to spend a lot on this at all & see that they can cost a pretty penny which FI is not having.

So with all of this said, how do you feel about monogrammed cake toppers?
    Did you have one/Are you getting one?
    Did you skip it/Are you skipping it?

Maybe your thoughts will help me figure out if its really necessary or if I can just skip this & focus on the other 10,000 things I have left to do.

Thanks for your input!
    Yolanda

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

I say go with the monogram cake topper.

I went with a starfish monogram one. It just shipped yesterday and I can't wait to get it.

#3 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

Yari, where did you find a starfish mongram one? I was going to do the monogram one but they are so expensive so I am on the fence about this one.

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

I really liked my monogram bling topper!

#5 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:31 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sarah
            I really liked my monogram bling topper!
            Just had to look at your slideshow again to see it. Very nice! And that cake is so pretty!

I guess my other option can be to just get 1 letter instead of 3. That would definitely cut down on the cost, but FI told me that he thought we should get 3 initials, 2 small & 1 big. But if he knew how much all 3 cost he would certainly change his mind!

#6 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lucy106
              Yari, where did you find a starfish mongram one? I was going to do the monogram one but they are so expensive so I am on the fence about this one.
              I got it from Toppers With Glitz.com - Monogram Cake Toppers / Cake Jewelry

It was pricey, but I love it and can't wait to see it! Once it comes in I will post pics.

#7 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

I just ordered my blinged out "A" the other day. I actually got it on ebay and it wasn't too expensive. If you have your heart set on it, go for it; but it's definitely a personal choice (no one except for you will notice if it's there or not).

#8 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,193 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lizz
                  I just ordered my blinged out "A" the other day. I actually got it on ebay and it wasn't too expensive. If you have your heart set on it, go for it; but it's definitely a personal choice (no one except for you will notice if it's there or not).
                  Yeah, I too have been checking them out on Ebay. The thing that really sucks is the fact that when I'm looking for all 3 initials, alot of places don't have the letter "Y"!!! Helloooo, Y's are impt too!

#9 Spazz

Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
                    Yeah, I too have been checking them out on Ebay. The thing that really sucks is the fact that when I'm looking for all 3 initials, alot of places don't have the letter "Y"!!! Helloooo, Y's are impt too!
                    I ordered from Bella Tiara: eBay Store - Bella-Tiara: Jewelry, Tiara's. The total price for my "A" was $18.94, which I thought was great. She seems to have almost everything, so maybe try to send her a message to ask if she can get you a "Y".

#10 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,193 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lizz
                      I ordered from Bella Tiara: eBay Store - Bella-Tiara: Jewelry, Tiara's. The total price for my "A" was $18.94, which I thought was great. She seems to have almost everything, so maybe try to send her a message to ask if she can get you a "Y".
                      I saw that store too. I'll send an email & see. Thanks Lizz!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users