Hair & Make-up at Dreams Resort Spa

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pvinmay08

pvinmay08
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:22 AM

Hello,

I am getting my hair & make-up done for my wedding at Dreams and was wondering if anyone knew what brands of products they use at the spa? My skin is a little sensitive to other ppl's make-up so I was thinking of bringing my own. But does anyone know what they use?
    Also, any comments on the Spa services there?

Thanks!!

#2 JODEY

JODEY
    • 344 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:57 AM

Which Dreams resort ?

#3 pvinmay08

pvinmay08
      • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

Oops, Dreams Puerto Vallarta.

THanks!

#4 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:02 AM

they use bedhead makeup (and do a great job!)
          i have no clue what products they used in my hair.
          swedish massage was just eh, but i've heard that the deep tissue massage is worth it.
          check out my review for info on blanca, the woman who did my hair and makeup.

#5 pvinmay08

pvinmay08
          • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:51 AM

Cool thanks!! You hair and make-up looked great! I am going to do a test on my skin for that make-up because I have super sensitive skin and don't want to be red and blotchy. Thanks for the info!!

#6 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

Anyone have any more hair and makeup reviews for the Dreams PV spa?

#7 ashey063009

ashey063009
              • 604 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

I'd love to see pics of the hair / makeup results from Dreams PV too.

Lauren, yours turned out great! I'd love to see a few more reviews / pics. Maybe Jenn will have something for us when she gets back next week...

#8 Jennifer_Katherine

Jennifer_Katherine
                • 27 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

I am very curious too! Also, what are prices like? Should I be paying for my BMs to get their hair/makeup done too?

I was worried about the spa at the resort so am considering getting a makeover done at Sephora or MAC or something...and then buying all of their products that I liked. My best friend is going to come and videotape the makeover (literally..haha) so that she can re-do it for me in Mexico. She's going to do my hair too. She is not a professional but has been doing my hair and makeup since we were 13...and I've always loved it. I trust her completely! BUT it might take some stress off of her if the spa at Dreams PV is really good...

#9 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
                  • 612 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

Yeah, I thought Lauren's turned out great too! She said it wasn't exactly what she wanted, but that she still liked it. I think I'm just going to try to pick a look that isn't too difficult. I just want a loose updo, and I'm putting a flower in my hair.
                    not sure if Im using a real flower and getting one from the stores/online. There are some great websites that seem to have some really nice "fake flowers."

I'm not too worried about the makeup part. My girlfriend that is coming is a makeup artist too, so I think I'm still going to use Dreams since it's included in my package and they use good products, and then just have my girlfriend touch up if need be,

I do want to see some more pics though.....
                    ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
                    My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#10 mayanbride78

mayanbride78
                    • 60 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

Jenn....Any pix of the hair and make-up??!! :)
                      D & C
                      Dreams 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users