Margarita Toast

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

Great idea!! And I think the campagne glasses would be cute...but I agree about the ice cubes....might be tricky. BUT a couple resorts I've been to in Mexico served their champagne in the old fashioned style glasses....like this

Click the image to open in full size.

which would be great for margaritas. Maybe you can see which style they typically use? Then you can decide what would work best. I think that the short glasses - like the double old fashioned style - would work great too.

#12 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

Love it! Awesome idea! Hmmm, get me thinking, maybe we'll do a Mai-Tai toast or something else Hawaiian-y.

#13 texasex

texasex
    • 79 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

You could probably find some cute margarita glasses online somewhere. Love the idea!

#14 Alesha4

Alesha4
      • 86 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

I like the pic that redwards shows. I actually had the same idea due to the same reasons. Only thing is we are probably having ours in jamaica so it didnt go as well with the margarita/mexico theme. Do it girl!

Now I just gotta come up with something for jamaica, lol! We can have a champagne toast at our AHR I figure.

#15 tlomlad

tlomlad
        • Banned
        • 1,949 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

love the idea i talked to my fi whos is a bar manager/bartender and he said that another thing you could do is to add a little flavor liquor say something re or whatever your colors maragarita so it would match your theme and colors and instead of a salt rim use a sugar rim since it will be sweeter hope this helps!

#16 Jenn

Jenn
          • 1,557 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alesha4
            I like the pic that redwards shows. I actually had the same idea due to the same reasons. Only thing is we are probably having ours in jamaica so it didnt go as well with the margarita/mexico theme. Do it girl!

Now I just gotta come up with something for jamaica, lol! We can have a champagne toast at our AHR I figure.
            You could do a rum punch or sorrel toast :)

#17 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
            • 1,565 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

from an ex bartenders stand point..... if they are blended margaritas they are gonna be a PAIN to get into the flutes... unless its from one of those dispenser machines... so check to see first what they use. im sure the blender dispensers.

from a photographers stand point though.... pina coladas out of a coconut.. now THATS a toast . imagine that photo with everyone holding up their coconuts

#18 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by tlomlad
                love the idea i talked to my fi whos is a bar manager/bartender and he said that another thing you could do is to add a little flavor liquor say something re or whatever your colors maragarita so it would match your theme and colors and instead of a salt rim use a sugar rim since it will be sweeter hope this helps!
                We plan to do this. We are having blue margarita's prepared for the cocktail hour. And we plan to have a tequila toast. We are bringing our own alchohol and are getting a great deal on tequila.

#19 kayasmom

kayasmom
                • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

I ordered custom tequila shooter shot glasses as favors and we are going to do a tequila toast instead. Those that arent up for it can toast with whatever they are drinking.

#20 Alesha4

Alesha4
                  • 86 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

Here is a great idea for tequila shot toasts. Cactus Shot Glasses from Off The Deep End

And these shot glasses can be great keepsakes. 1.95 per 4pk isn't bad. You can probably find them cheaper if you look around. The tequila toast is another great idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users