• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 LindsayG

LindsayG
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by townie princess
    We're looking at around $1500 pp. - anyone have any suggestions? It does need to be kid friendly as some are bringing little ones (like my sister).
    Welcome and congrats from a fellow DR bride!

I am getting married at the Paradisus Punta Cana in July, and the rates for the resort run around $250 a night. With airfare, my mom is staying 6 nights for about $1800. There are TONS of nice resorts in PC, so definitely check out that area. I went with the Paradisus PC because it's a beautiful 5 star resort, kid friendly, and the price was affordable.

Congrats again!
    Lindsay & Billy
    July 11, 2008
    Paradisus Punta Cana

#22 tlomlad

tlomlad
    • Banned
    • 1,949 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:32 AM

welcome!!!!!!!

#23 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:12 AM

A good TA can get you what they call a special quote from the tour groups here in Canada. One thing to remember is that they can't give you flight departure dates and times this early out. They usually only have that info about 10 months from departure, so if Jan '09 is when you are getting married they should be able to get you some info. For example, I got a quote for the Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Suites section that came in around $1800 (don't have my notebook here to confirm) for 1 week double occcupance out of Halifax, NS in late April '09. Riu Macao standard room for the same duration was I think around $1680 (taxes in).

Be sure to look at the travel forum section of this site, there are TA's in the US on here who give wonderful helpful advice. I know I used what it when I went in search of mine. Best of luck!

#24 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
        • 1,565 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

congrats on the engagement and up coming wedding.. he better not ever forget valentines day now right

the DR is a great place. do you know what resort you will be at? the sand there is sooo amazing.

#25 townie princess

townie princess
          • 298 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the quote info. I'm trying to plan for people to travel from Regina, Calgary and St. John's, so I'd like for everyone to have the same price

#26 CorinneMurphy

CorinneMurphy
            • 85 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

Welcome Sorcha! I am new also and everyone was so kind to give me some forum etiquette advice. Have fun in the journey of planning your DW!
              Corinne
              Corinne Murphy
              The Sign of the Dove Villa St Thomas USVI

www.TheSignoftheDove.com

#27 texasex

texasex
              • 79 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

Welcome! Good luck planning your big day. This forum will help tons!

#28 Aaron the Photographer :)

Aaron the Photographer :)
                • 64 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

Welcome aboard... yes, the DR is nice along the coast...probably one of the most beautiful coastal areas I've ever seen.

#29 fulleredge

fulleredge
                  • 143 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

Welcome Sorcha!

Congrats on your engagement and wedding!! You'll find so much helpful info on here!
                    Erin Fuller
                    Fuller Edge Photography
                    BLOG: Website
                    EMAIL: erin@fulleredge.com
                    International wedding coverage! We bring fashion-magazine style edginess to wedding photography!

#30 meltanirie

meltanirie
                    • 283 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:13 PM

Glad to have you welcome to the site!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users