Photo

Considering Wedding Coordinator

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 madenerg2

madenerg2
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:35 PM

Is anyone working with an outside (of your resort) Wedding Coordinator for your event?
    If so can you pass on their info please -
    There are things I want to purchase for guests when I get there and I want to get a little guidance.

Thank you :)

#2 Dijawana Diva

Dijawana Diva
    • 39 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

I worked with Mari Tripaldi from Playa del Carmen; loved her!

let me know if you would like her info...

#3 itsme7396

itsme7396
      • 90 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

i was married at the Al Cielo Hotel and i used Erica and Maria from 'Weddings in Playa,' and i would highly recommend them... i already had my resort, photographer (Matt & Sol) and videographer (Paul Schrank) booked before i hired them... and they helped me with flowers, cake, DJ, minister, transportation for my guests, etc...

Weddings in Playa Has Experienced Wedding Planners to Coordinate Destination Weddings, Receptions and Mayan Ceremonies in Playa del Carmen Mexico

#4 Dijawana Diva

Dijawana Diva
        • 39 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by itsme7396
          i was married at the Al Cielo Hotel and i used Erica and Maria from 'Weddings in Playa,' and i would highly recommend them... i already had my resort, photographer (Matt & Sol) and videographer (Paul Schrank) booked before i hired them... and they helped me with flowers, cake, DJ, minister, transportation for my guests, etc...

Weddings in Playa Has Experienced Wedding Planners to Coordinate Destination Weddings, Receptions and Mayan Ceremonies in Playa del Carmen Mexico

We hired Mari as well - I couldn't rave about her enough!!!!

#5 monicaswave

monicaswave
          • 450 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:05 PM

I am using an outside coordinator but I am still not sure if I would recommend her. She has awesome reviews from tons of brides on her website but I had a few bad run ins with her. It may just have been misunderstandings from having to communicate through emails. I will know for sure when my day comes. Her name is Irene...in case you do want it. She works for caribbean blue weddings.

#6 mhoudek

mhoudek
            • 53 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

Hi,
              I am working with Federica from Micas De Miralls and she is AMAZING. She is well worth every penny and I love her! I went down to Playa last weekend and she helped me so much and drove us to all these places and still hasn't been paid. She is amazing and I would be shocked if our wedding didn't go well. Let me know if you want her information!
              Matt and Melissa
              April 18, 2009
              Ceremony at Private Beach in Playacar
              Reception at Kool Beach Club
              Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

#7 can't wait!

can't wait!
              • 517 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

I would like an outside coordinator just for the wedding day. Does anyone know if this is possible? I'm getting married at Dreams Tulum and have read that although the WC are extremely nice they aren't always on top of things and sometimes slow. I want to make sure someone is there to keep the ball rolling. Also, does anyone know how much an outside WC costs?!?!?

karla

#8 madenerg2

madenerg2
                • 126 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

First of all thanks everyone for the helpful wedding coordinator suggestions - I did reach out to Marie and she is EXTREMEMLY helpful. For the day of wedding coordinating I'm actually using 2 family friends that are going to be at the wedding. And they were so happy to help, their not charging me anything. Did you think of asking one of your guests?

#9 can't wait!

can't wait!
                  • 517 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:39 PM

I've thought about asking a dear friend but at the same time I want her to ENJOY her vacation as opposed to chasing after my WC. Soo, don't know. After reading several reviews I think I am going to be on tequila therapy until after the wedding!!!!

#10 kelowna sara

kelowna sara
                    • 16 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:36 AM

monicaswave;
                      What run-ins did you have with Irene? I have just booked with her on the basis of the great reviews on the CBW weddings website.......now I'm a little concerned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users