Not sure where to put this: Help with wording

Something about this sounds weird to me but I can't figure it out. This is the last part of the ceremony where the officient says we're good to go.

I don't think I like it very much because it sounds so grave and formal, and I'd like something more joyous and easygoing.

If anyone has an example of the wording in their ceremony at the pronouncement, paste it for me or change this one.

Thanks!

PS I've looked all over the internet but i didn't find anything I like.

PRONOUNCEMENT

Doug and Abbie, by joining hands right now and looking into each other's eyes,

let it be known that you are now joined together,

and that this bond is sacred and eternal.

Now that you stood before me and joined your friends and family, exchanged these rings and these vows,

it gives me great pleasure to pronounce that you are Husband and Wife.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from our vows ...

Pronouncement

Now that you have joined yourselves in matrimony, may you strive always to meet this commitment with the same spirit you are now shining. We all bear witness to this ceremony you have just performed, and this bond that has been formed today can be broken by none.

In the City of Puerta Vallarta, Las Caletas Mexico, as your officient today, June 8th, 2007, you may now call yourselves by those old and respected names, Husband and Wife.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Family and Friends

Mr. And Mrs Paul ____

You may kiss the bride…

Ummmm, I didn't even pick words! I can't help you there, but this forum makes me feel bad sometimes for being lazy and choosing not to do stuff. Now I am going to be up tonight wondering about my words. Hahahahaaa. Something new every night.

Abbie - if it helps at all, I like what Ann wrote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Ummmm, I didn't even pick words! I can't help you there, but this forum makes me feel bad sometimes for being lazy and choosing not to do stuff. Now I am going to be up tonight wondering about my words. Hahahahaaa. Something new every night.

Abbie - if it helps at all, I like what Ann wrote...
Ya me too!!!!!!!!!!smile125.gif I didn't even think about words! AHHHH

OK So for all of you who haven't thought it out, I thought I'd post the entire ceremony wording that I'm 95% sure we'll be using.

Keep in mind it's not that beachy since we are doing our Big Fake Wedding at home and we are having our Small Real Wedding in Hawaii, where it will be much more fun and worded quite differently!

Minister - TREVOR:

Who gives this woman to be married?

Brides’ Father- PETE- “I do.”

Minister - TREVOR:

Thank you. Please be seated.

Good evening, We, who have gathered together, are now privileged to witness and to participate in a ceremony celebrating, the public acknowledgment of a love which Abbie and Doug have for each other, knowing that by our presence here with them, we are saying that they, together, are loved by many others. We have come to surround them as they stand before us, where now Abbie and Doug in essence say, "Welcome to our marriage! Welcome to the Celebration!"

Sand Ceremony:

There are two children who will share in this marriage. Trevor and Alixzandra will now come forward to help us with the Blending of the Sands. The joining of this new family will have a deep influence upon them. We realize that in order for the home to be a happy one, it is essential that there be love and understanding between the children and the adults being married.

For Trevor and Ali the celebration can be more than just witnessing. This is an opportunity for them to bring themselves into the new family and in a symbolic sense to give themselves to this new venture of the marriage of their father.

Abbie and Doug, today you are making a life-long commitment to share the rest of your lives with each other and honor Doug’s children as well. Your family relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these individual containers of sand; one, representing you, Abbie, and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be, one representing you, Doug, and all that you were and all that you are, and all that you will ever be and another container for each child.

As you each hold your sand, the separate containers of sand represent your lives to this moment; individual and unique. As you now combine your sand together, your lives also join together as one family.

You may now blend the sand together symbolizing the uniting of the children and bride and groom into one.

Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will be your marriage and your family.

Brides Aunt-LINDA FREEMAN: (My aunt is a missionary in Ecuador and she will be here for our Fake wedding, we thought it would be nice to have her read this part!)

Bible Reading from Corinthians:

Love endures and is kind.

Love is not envious or jealous.

Love wants not for itself.

Love is not conceited, nor does it behave wrongly.

Love seeks not for it's own.

Love is not easily provoked.

Love is not rude.

Love thinks no evil.

Love does not rejoice in wrong, but rejoices in the truth.

Love bears all things, believes all things, endures all things, and love never fails.

Minister - TREVOR:

VOWS

Abbie and Doug, we are here to remember and rejoice with you

and to recount with one another that it is love that guides us on our path,

and to celebrate as you begin this journey together

It is in this spirit that you have come here to today to exchange these vows.

Doug, repeat after me:

I, Doug take you Abbie to be my wife /

I promise above all else to live in truth with you/

and to communicate fully and fearlessly/

I give you my hand and my heart /

as a sanctuary of warmth and peace/

and pledge my love, devotion, faith and honor

as I join my life to yours.

Abbie, repeat after me:

I, Abbie take you Doug to be my husband /

RINGS

For thousands of years couples have exchanged rings as a token of their vows.

These simple wedding bands are not of great value in themselves,

but are made precious by our wearing of them.

Your rings say that even in your uniqueness you have chosen to be bound together.

Let these rings also be a sign that love has substance as well as soul,

a present as well as a past, and that, despite its occasional sorrows,

love is a circle of happiness, wonder, and delight.

Doug, take Abbie's ring and put it on her finger, and repeat after me:

Just as this circle is without end, my love for you is eternal/

Just as it is made of indestructible substance/

my commitment to you will never fail/

With this ring I take you to be my trusted confidante

and partner for life.

Abbie, take Doug's ring and put it on his finger, and repeat after me:

and partner for life.

PRONOUNCEMENT

Doug and Abbie, by joining hands right now and looking into each other's eyes,

let it be known that you are now joined together,

and that this bond is sacred and eternal.

Now that you stood (is that even correct grammar? stood?) before me and joined your friends and family, exchanged these rings and these vows,

it gives me great pleasure to pronounce that you are Husband and Wife.

You may now kiss the bride! (Thanks for reminding me, lucy106!)

I also really don't care for the "trusted confidante" part, makes me feel like a Golden Girl or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post

Abbie, repeat after me:
I, Abbie take you Doug to be my husband /

RINGS
For thousands of years couples have exchanged rings as a token of their vows.
These simple wedding bands are not of great value in themselves,
but are made precious by our wearing of them.
Your rings say that even in your uniqueness you have chosen to be bound together.
Let these rings also be a sign that love has substance as well as soul,
a present as well as a past, and that, despite its occasional sorrows,
love is a circle of happiness, wonder, and delight.
Doug, take Abbie's ring and put it on her finger, and repeat after me:
and partner for life.

Now that you stood (is that even correct grammar? stood?)
I love your vows! So sweet.

I think "Now that you have stood" is correct grammar

Thanks for sharing, i'm struggling with this right now