• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeeyonke
Thanks for posting Becks! I am thrilled at the thought of getting to do another DIY wedding project, even though it seems like I just got my STDs out. [ok lets be honest-- there are still some sitting next to me that need to get mailed, lol]

but I did have a quick question for you. From the instructions you posted it seemed like you printed these yourself, and I was wondering how many you made, and about how much ink it took.

I'm worried about bringing this to a copy place, because I didn't have the best of luck with the staff, and this would be much more complicated with cardstock and regular weight paper, and everything being double sided. buuut, on the other hand I am going to have to print about 100 of these babies, and that is sounding like a lotta ink.

thanks!!! :)

Hi Aimee:

I printed mine on the color laser printer at the office.

I printed 60 of them, and didn't have to change the cartridge out. But then, I think the color laser cartriges are good for about 5,000 sheets. One thought would be to strip the background color out and either go with a white background or actually print them on colored paper or patterned paper. That will save a ton of ink.

Let me know if that helps!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#62 aimee!

aimee!
  • 696 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by becks
    Hi Aimee:

I printed mine on the color laser printer at the office.

I printed 60 of them, and didn't have to change the cartridge out. But then, I think the color laser cartriges are good for about 5,000 sheets. One thought would be to strip the background color out and either go with a white background or actually print them on colored paper or patterned paper. That will save a ton of ink.

Let me know if that helps!
    Thanks for the speedy reply! It definitely helps! I think i'll look into a patterned paper that is double sided, and try to cut down on pages as much as possible. I think that printing them myself might just be the way to go about this project.

...not to mention it's a really great excuse to buy a new printer. haha.

thanks!!
    Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#63 DelightfulDani

DelightfulDani
    • 99 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

I can not wait to get enough points so I can view :)

#64 KEE LAC

KEE LAC
      • 251 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

Okay what are the little squiggily things called that you used on the passport cover (at the top and bottom) I wanted to add some different ones but I don't know where to find them. Please Help!
        Soon TO be MRS. Clark:[SIGPIC]

#65 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:43 AM

they are flourishes. If you go to MS clip art gallery (google it), and search for key words flourish, or scroll, you'll find tons of options.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#66 Kimbo

Kimbo
        • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU..... this is GREAT I was going crazy trying to make this myself on word...... I was sooooo happy when I saw this. THANK U Kim

#67 411Bride

411Bride
          • Banned
          • 48 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

Youre The Bombbbbbbbb

#68 mikandtet

mikandtet
            • 67 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

Thank you, Becks for the wonderful templates! I have been searching and searching for templates and it always brings your templates on google but was not a member then, so I decided to be a part of this wonderful forum.
              ~*~The best revenge is living your life well~*~

#69 mikandtet

mikandtet
              • 67 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

I have a question though? May I know what printer you used for your invites and papers (cover and inserts) if you do not mind?

Thanks in advance!
                ~*~The best revenge is living your life well~*~

#70 RosieM

RosieM
                • Banned
                • 97 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

Becks what happened? Why are you not sharing the template anymore? I hope everything is ok....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users