today is starting off as a bad day :(

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:03 PM

so as most of you know I'm a substitute teacher and I only get paid when I'm called in. Well I wasn't called in yesterday (also I work at 5 different school districts, so I have work almost everyday) so I had the day off, which I thought was cool. :)
    Today on the other hand I did have a job, I got up early and was going to hop in the shower when I looked outside and darn it they towed my car! I forgot to put the darn parking permit on my car and the association has a strict policy of if you don't put your flimsy(sp?) hanging permit on your car then you will get towed.

I had to go pick up my car which was only open at 8:30am and pay $160. To top that off I had to cancel my job that I had since the school wouldn't let me be late....so I canceled it....now I don't get paid today ...I called the other school districts but they haven't called me to come into work today.

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

Oh no Drea, I am so sorry!

Just think now you have another day off, go have fun. It is beautiful outside!

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

That blows, Drea! I am sorry it isn't starting off to be a great day for you. Thankfully, it's already Wednesday, so ther is always the weekend ot look forward to!

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

That really sucks! I hate when I have to spend my money towards unexpected things- especially unfun things like getting your car towed.

Maybe spend the day doing your fav thing. It could cheer you up!
          Happily married since 2008

#5 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

i need a better job..... a perm. job. hey I'm going to go to car dealership to get my free oil change and then I'm going to go to college down the street to sign up for classes in the summer....also I plan to go next door and sign up to volunteer at Choc hospital.

#6 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
            • 933 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:12 PM

Drea, maybe you should not sign up as a volunteer, maybe you could be something like a tech. This is what I did when i was going to school and not only did I get paid pretty well, i got benefits and learned so much! check it out. a lot of places will be flexible so you can go to school and work. some will even help you pay for school.
              My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#7 DreaW

DreaW
              • Banned
              • 2,462 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amandalovesryan
                Drea, maybe you should not sign up as a volunteer, maybe you could be something like a tech. This is what I did when i was going to school and not only did I get paid pretty well, i got benefits and learned so much! check it out. a lot of places will be flexible so you can go to school and work. some will even help you pay for school.
                How do I sign up to be a tech? I want to work at Choc......yeah that is my goal....should I go there and ask?

#8 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
                • 933 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

I would, or maybe call human resources. Did you decide that you wanted to be a nurse or something else? If you are going to be something like a CT scan tech, you might not want to do something like that but you will still learn a lot. Check their website too. They might have something on there. My hospital system loves students, they are usually so eager to please everyone because they know that they will be working there in the future. I loved being a tech. I did it in the ER and learned so much!
                  My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#9 DreaW

DreaW
                  • Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

hmmm I want to be a nurse.....but I'm not sure yet....Hmmm I'll check

#10 KarmaB

KarmaB
                    • 796 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

Drea, I just wanted to tell you that I hope the second half of your day gets better!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users