Photo

Victoria's Secret 7-in-1 dress, anyone get theirs?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:49 AM

I'm a BM for one of my BMs later this year and she ordered this in teal but b/c teal is on back order she also ordered one in black for me to try on. It came yesterday and it's pretty nice. I will say however that she originally was going to order the designer version of this dress by Two Birds and I tried that on at a bridal boutique and the fabric was definitely heavier on the designer version. But, the VS dress is $200 cheaper, so who cares! I am a 34-36 DDD so going braless is not an option, and there are several ways to tie it so that you can cover bra straps. In fact I don't even plan to go with a strapless. if you go to this site you can see some ways to tie it:twobirds bridesmaid
    Her sister, who is 5'2 and a size 0 also tried it on and it looked good on her too. The botttom hem is not finished so if you need alterations they would be really cheap. Bridal boutique said fabric can just be cut with scissors. sounds crazy, but makes sense when you see the fabric.

If you order VS i think they run a little big. I wear a size 12 dress so she ordered me a large and the waist band was loose.
    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#42 Leticia

Leticia
    • 259 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Alyssa
      um leticia - where are the PICS??
      no one is getting a picture of me right now. i've at home sick with strep throat for 3 days, the whole right side of my face is swollen.
      and i forgot to take pics.sorry!

#43 manda0812

manda0812
      • 343 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:12 AM

what a great idea.. no man can complain if we came home with one dress instead of two/three etc.. I want to move to the US!!!

#44 MrsTrussell2B

MrsTrussell2B
        • 90 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

Wow Amanda your wedding day is my bday!!! anyway ladies its been about 12 days since the last post. Does anyone have any pictures yet. I have struggled with what my BMs should wear. Im doing a traditional dress (but it doesnt look like the princess/ball gown, its a trumpet style) anyway i want my BM to look cute, sexy and appropriate for the beach. But i worry that the jersey fabric will be too casual when they take pictures with me. For the brides that have ordered the dress for their BMs are you wearing a "traditional" dress. Please send pictures. My bridesmaids are freaking out that we havent picked a dress yet.

#45 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:18 AM

one of my BM's got their dress in the mail this week and it is SO nice in person!!! she tried it on 4 different ways - i really love it - the material is perfect for a beach wedding and still dressy enough to be a BM dress!

#46 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:25 AM

Oh, Alyssa, I am SO glad to hear that! I've been worried that it wouldn't be nice enough. Yay, no more worrying!! About that anyway....

#47 Denise40

Denise40
              • 407 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

I went an ordered the dress but in black. I don't own a basic black dress, so now I will have one. It tells you at check out the backordered date. It just depends on what color you choose. The black was backordered the longest in my size.

#48 DLyteful

DLyteful
                • 879 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:03 AM

Has anyone gotten their dress yet? Can we see a pic

#49 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                  • 1,260 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:12 AM

I'm a BM for a wedding later this year and some of the dresses have come in but not the one in my size. I will post a pic though so you can see the color. The quality is good, I'm impressed.

#50 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                    • 1,260 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:26 AM

Here are the instructions that came with the dress:Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users