Photo

bridesmaid dresses

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 msasfraz

msasfraz
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:22 AM

for the RIU brides that have already gotten married... what advice do you have on the type of material for the bridesmaid dresses?? i was thinking chiffon and/ or a satin blend would be better.... also what would you suggest for the wedding gown.... i will need two bc im having a reception in my home town a week after we get back from Jamaica.

#2 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
    • 186 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:54 AM

welcome to the forum!!

it really depends on your preference...of course jamaica's climate is very warm so chiffon would be a nice airy material...but bump that!!! lol my dress and my bridesmaid dresses are all a satin material. I got what I liked!! it's your day!! you wear whatever dress gives you butterflies in your stomach whether satin of silk!! and you make them wear whatever makes them look pretty...just not prettier than you!! lol...if it's satin, they can deal with it, it's only one day! welcome again..and congrats!!!

#3 jenanmag

jenanmag
      • 36 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:25 PM

My bridesmaids are wearing satin. I wanted chiffon for them, but it is not flattering on all shapes. I went with a satin dress with chiffon over it. I am also having a reception back home. So instead of two dresses. . I am just taking my wedding dress off after the ceremony before dinner and putting a nice white dress on so I ca nwear the same wedding dress again and save myself $1000 dollars

#4 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:37 PM

My bridesmaids wore a chiffon-y type and they were very comfortable, but I second the opinion that you should go with whatever you LIKE! It's your day, and anything goes!
          We are also having a reception at home but I'm just going to wear the same dress! I love it, I'm just getting it drycleaned.. you could always go that route, but if you want two dresses, go for it!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#5 chicago88

chicago88
          • 699 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:24 PM

My bridesmaids also so wore a lightweight chiffon type dress. Pick what you like though - it's your day. There is a very nice breeze off the ocean in the afternoon at the Riu so if you're getting married on the beach it'll be nice!

Therese & Jay
            Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
            http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#6 msasfraz

msasfraz
            • 392 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:58 AM

thanks guys ...i ended up picking the satin for BMs....still looking for my flower girl dress.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users