Photo

Finally mailed my invites! Yippy! (pics)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

WOW! Carly these look really great!!!! Well done!

Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#52 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
    • 794 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:59 PM

Yours look so good! Very neat and polished.

I have mine designed BUT now I need to buy the paper, print them and make them- ugh! My Mom is coming to visit me within the next 2 weeks to help me.

I have a question- I know you said you used paperpresentation.com

For your boarding pass envelope (you used flame) what kind of paper did you get:
      8.5 x 11 Text 32 lb.
      OR
      8.5 x 11 Cover 120lb. ??

Also, what paper did you get for the actual boarding passes?

Sorry, if I sound stupid BUT I have never made invites before and I'm cluless on what paper to get = )
      HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
      http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#53 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

No problem at all, Monica. One thing that I really liked about the finished results was that I had them printed and cut at a printing shop. I have a friend who got me a great deal ($115 for 300 pages, all cropped/stapled/perforated). If you can find a shop to do that for you, I would say that was a HUGE help. Even if you can't get them to print it for you, but you can get them to crop it... Anyway, see my answers below in green.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by monicabrandon2008
        Yours look so good! Very neat and polished.

I have mine designed BUT now I need to buy the paper, print them and make them- ugh! My Mom is coming to visit me within the next 2 weeks to help me.

I have a question- I know you said you used paperpresentation.com

For your boarding pass envelope (you used flame) what kind of paper did you get:
        8.5 x 11 Text 32 lb. - I used this one, and the only reason I know is b/c it was sold in packages of 50, not 25
        OR
        8.5 x 11 Cover 120lb. ??

Also, what paper did you get for the actual boarding passes? The paper that I used for the actual boarding pass was from Office Max and I just found a color that I wanted and opened packages until they wre the weight that I wnated them to be. It was a package of 500 sheets in a plastic wrap. It was actually one of the cheaper versions, but I thought it was best for what I wanted.

Sorry, if I sound stupid BUT I have never made invites before and I'm cluless on what paper to get = ) I don't think you should stupid at all! I don't know a lick about paper, so I understand your confusion! I ended up having to pay .58 postage though for the envelopes as well as the RSVP return postcard, since they were a little heavey and then the postcard wasn't the right size. Oh well, you live and you learn!

#54 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

these are nice

#55 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

They look great Carly! Love the color combo. And I hate how photobucket deletes the images when all you are trying to do is organize the pics you have stored

#56 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
          • 794 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

Thanks so much for your advice! Yes, I know I can get them printed at Kinkos but I need to look into having someone crop, cut, perforate for me = ) May have to do it myself. We'll see. Atleast now I know what kind of paper to get! Thanks!

#57 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:37 PM

Kinko's quoted me almost $600 to print them for me! That was just printing! I kinda think they might've made an error, but that's insane. Good luck!

#58 beachbride08

beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

Carly, they turned out great! What did you use for the reply card?
                Michelle

#59 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
                • 794 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carly
                  Kinko's quoted me almost $600 to print them for me! That was just printing! I kinda think they might've made an error, but that's insane. Good luck!
                  Dang that's crazy!! You got a great deal from your friend!!! I only need 60 pages and at .49 a page. Another question I have for you = )
                  What were the deminsions on your reply card in order for it to qualify as a postcard? I want to do mine as a postcard but I'm afraid it will be too small.

#60 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

The last page was an RSVP postcard. I had the printing compnay that I used perforate it and I used labels for the return address. Hopefully people will understand what they are. I did have to pay $.58 for the postcard though since they weren't "postcard" size, so that is something to be aware of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users