717 replies to this topic

#531 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

i am leaving any minute to go meet jose to fill out our marriage application and pick up our paperwork for our officiant to sign - i am so nervous i could puke and all we're doing is picking up paperwork!!!!!

if i am freaking this much today, how bad will i be freaking on the wedding day?!

#532 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

^^^^^
    i know the feeling!! good luck!!

#533 Copita

Copita
    • 979 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Maura
      i am leaving any minute to go meet jose to fill out our marriage application and pick up our paperwork for our officiant to sign - i am so nervous i could puke and all we're doing is picking up paperwork!!!!!

if i am freaking this much today, how bad will i be freaking on the wedding day?!

Aw. :) You will be fine! Have lots of fun!

When J and I went, we were so nervous. I was shaking, my hands, I'm pretty sure, filling out the information. and it took about 5 seconds. I was like, Wow, that is all it takes to get married, huh? The lady was laughing at me. LOL. I said, It takes longer to change your address at the DMV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#534 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by cmmdee
      Aw. :) You will be fine! Have lots of fun!

When J and I went, we were so nervous. I was shaking, my hands, I'm pretty sure, filling out the information. and it took about 5 seconds. I was like, Wow, that is all it takes to get married, huh? The lady was laughing at me. LOL. I said, It takes longer to change your address at the DMV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      omg ok i just got back. my hands were shaking and i was totally clammy the whole time. the lady who was helping us fill it out (you have to verbally say everything and they fill it out on the computer and then you print & sign your names) was so rude. jose did 2 things wrong (signed his name where you are supposed to print, and for the two spaces for phone numbers he put HIS two phone numbers but one was supposed to be his and one was supposed to be mine) and the lady was pretty mean about it. i was like jeez lady its not like we've done this before!!!!!!!!!!

#535 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
      • 371 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:03 PM

What a rude brat! That was suspose to be an exciting time for you two and she ruined it by being a turd! I really hate people like that!

Well I am sorry but see.. worried for no reason!

#536 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

Okay, Abbie....I tried the deoderant trick today. It is mega hot here and I think it worked! Of course I only ran errands for about 2 hours, but I still think it worked pretty well.
          I am definitely taking this trick with me to Mexico!

#537 Copita

Copita
          • 979 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:53 PM

Sorry to hear that, Maura. That woman was probably just jealous. Jealous cause you found a good man to marry! WOO HOO!
            Congrats on the marriage license!

#538 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cmmdee
            Sorry to hear that, Maura. That woman was probably just jealous. Jealous cause you found a good man to marry! WOO HOO!
            Congrats on the marriage license!
            hahahaha thanks erica, you just made me laugh out loud

#539 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Cole5worm
            I wonder why lighters are okay but not matches.. hmmm...

ok girls, this is DIRECT from my reference manual, VERBATIM:

-LIGHTERS - NO LIGHTERS OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED IN CHECKED BAGGAGE.

-EXCEPTION: LIGHTERS THAT DO NOT AND HAVE NEVER CONTAINED FUEL ARE ALLOWED IN CHECKED BAGGAGE.
            -NO MATCHES OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED IN CHECKED BAGGAGE.

as far as carry-on:
            -ONE COMMON LIGHTER (eg: BIC) PER PSGR CAN BE TRANSPORTED ON THEIR PERSON OR IN THEIR CARRY ON.
            -SAFETY MATCHES (BOOK, CARD, OR STRIKE ON BOX) CAN ONLY BE TRANSPORTED IF CARRIED IN A POCKET, CARRYON BAG, FANNY PACK, OR PURSE OR ANY OTHER ITEM UNDER THE CUSTOMERS CONTROL. ONE BOOK OF MATCHES PER PASSENGER. STRIKE-ANYWHERE MATCHES STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.

sorry for the bad news, this is per TSA, not airline-by-airline.

#540 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
            • 371 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

Thank you Abbie! I would rather take them out now then do it at the airport and get hung up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users