717 replies to this topic

#191 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

i'm trying to think of anything i've got done recently and i'm drawing a blank. oh i used my davids bridal coupons and got my free shutterfly photobook and 18 month calender. but that's not REALLY wedding related.
hmmm, lets see.
i punched half of the circles for thank you tags till i ran out of paper.
i designed our invite card but need to get it printed, and assemble the invites.
i researched the favor idea, we're gonna order 12 cases of 2 oz Tapatio hot sauces and make personalized labels, and tie the TY tag to the neck with twine left over from the MIB's.

still havent gotten my freakin parasols from luna bazaar, has anyone else had trouble with them? i've only heard good things, but i'm wondering what's up right now. i never even got a confirmation email yet. been too busy to email them. maybe i should get my butt off BDW and do something actually for my wedding once in a while

#192 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DougsGirl
    man pookie! you've got a buttload done! you're making me look bad!
    I'm totally OCD about getting things done, I'm driving my FI and my parents totally crazy. I have to keep doing things otherwise I'll go insane, I don't think I've gotten any work done in the last few months.

Quote:
    still havent gotten my freakin parasols from luna bazaar, has anyone else had trouble with them? i've only heard good things, but i'm wondering what's up right now. i never even got a confirmation email yet. been too busy to email them. maybe i should get my butt off BDW and do something actually for my wedding once in a while
    I feel your pain, I am having a huge issue with my shipment from Oriental Trading, its been three weeks. Its not really their fault, they shipped on time, its just stuck somewhere in Nevada. I honestly think my mail lady hates me, she keeps delivering my packages to the wrong houses and my super nice neighbors have to drop them off.
    Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#193 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

well, at least you've got cool neighbors! our neighbors are 5 20 yr old guys in a punk band. nice good boys, but if they accidentally got a package of mine they'd probably try to smoke it or smash it before they brought it back. harmless kids :)

#194 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
    • 279 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:31 PM

Quote:
      well, at least you've got cool neighbors! our neighbors are 5 20 yr old guys in a punk band. nice good boys, but if they accidentally got a package of mine they'd probably try to smoke it or smash it before they brought it back. harmless kids :)
      OMG, i almost fell out of my chair laughing as I was reading this. I totally got this mental image of a bunch of kids trying to smoke my palm fans. It might actually work. We have a bunch of young families in our neighborhood, if it doesn't look like a diaper or make baby noises, they don't care.
      Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#195 bluenuit

bluenuit
      • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

I have finished almost everything for our wedding, nothing else to do except loose more weight, haha

and its sad, cuz I want to do more planning and shopping, haha

actually, the only things we have to do is go to Cuba, get married, then get ready for our at home reception. Make sandwiches and decorate the backyard! lol

I cant wait to get married, but I want the excitement to last!

is there such a thing as the post wedding planning blues?! lol

#196 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
        • 1,266 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cmmdee
          ^^ Wow, chica! You have done a LOT!!!

Katrina, that is so funny about FI inviting people all last minute! HAHA J wanted to do that, too! LOL.
          So how many people have booked so far?
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by kendra
          My FI is doing the same thing, just keep inviting people. I like STOP inviting people, that is too funny
          Mine too! WTF??
          He keeps looking at the pile of extra invites saying, "Do you need these?" and I am like "WHY do you ask" and he says because he wants to send them out! HELLO! Its stupid to send them out now!

#197 Copita

Copita
          • 979 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by katrina
            we have 25 booked right now with 4 more maybes. most of me doesn't mind that fi keeps inviting people cause our package goes up to 40 and i won't have to pay anything more for them. but i'm kind of unmotivated to do place cards and stuff like that until i have a final count!! i hate starting projects that i know i can't finish.. so i'd rather just not do it at all.

i haven't talked to my wc either!! i emailed her and asked when and she said she promises she'll be contacting me next week. so again, i've been doing everything pretty halfass because i don't know the details. doesn't that seem so silly? with 2 months to go i have no idea where i'm having my reception. if we were having a "normal" wedding we'd be FREAKING OUT. dw brides are awesome
            That is awesome about the 40 people! I hear you about not wanting to start stuff that you can't finish! I have 50 wedding favors purchased and 40 people booked as of now but expect about 80 people, but can't say for sure. So I will buy 30 more. I just don't want to order too few or too much, you know?

And DW brides are SO much more laid back it seems than these crazy bridezillas I see on tv! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray girls, we are almost there!

I leave for the Dominican Republic tonight to finalize all my last wedding details. I will come back with a full report for you guys. :)

#198 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
            • 371 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

Okay so i think I am pretty much done with my wedding stuff! I just keep emailing my Wedding planner and she is not getting back with me.. it's been like a week! So who knows if i actually need to be doing more!

time is flying by now!

#199 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

good job nicole! that is so awesome.
              i think i have so much to do still because of my at home wedding.

for my cabo wedding, all i have to do still is make the boarding pass invites, and find a photographer. the rest is super easy thanks to a secluded beach and A/I hotel! no worries! at least i can pretend all my stress is gone cause i'm almost done with that! ha!

#200 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:10 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Rose1280
              My wedding is July 2009 and reading this makes me so excited for all of you and so nervous for myself!!! I've been hearing such mixed information about the weather in July (Mexico) so I will be praying for beautiful weather and everlasting memories for all of you!! xoxo
              thanks rose! that is so sweet of you! you can be the first bride to take over this thread after july 2008, i'll officially hand it off to you in a few months!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users