Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
katrina

July '08 NEWLYWEDS chat!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
you know what nicole, i bet it's gonna be just fine! and the less you have to do, the less stress alltogether. so a simple symbolic ceromony in mexico is what we are doing as well, with our big wedding st home. but we are putting the whole thing together, the 19 of us going are meeting at this secluded beach we know, doing the ceremony (doug's bro is our minister!, so that helps) and then going to dinner in town at a place we all like. nothing fancy, but stress free and simple!
Your probably right but the darn WC hasn't gotten back to me letting me know it is okay just to do the symbolic ceremony! oh well.. if i get married twice i get married twice.. lol

I love all your planning! love the colors!!!elefant.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole5worm View Post
So any of you other July brides a bit nervous.. see i am getting married on a resort that no one on here has gotten married at and really I feel like i just do everything there.. who knows if it will even turn out okay.. i feel like most of you talk to you WC a lot and i maybe have emailed her like 3 times.. i am now in the process of seeing if i can just do a symbolic ceremony and get married here.. no blood test for me.. boo! so yeah.. anyone else nervose of decideing everything in 2 dayshuh.gif
nicole, no one here is getting married at my resort either.. for a little while i was bummed about it, but it's too late now! and i figure even if evvvvvvverything goes wrong, at the end of the day i'm still married, and i still had a fun vacation with 25 people :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicole,

 

I'm also getting married at resort no one from BDW had married at so I am def nervous. But no worries,chica. I am sure everythign will be great :)

 

Douggirls, I love the blue undies!!! What is the first pic of (it looks like names on pieces of paper). Are they placecards? Everything looks great, girl!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So....I've been thinking. Locked up in a hotel room in Houston (because I hate Houston and refuse to venture out) is making me spend tons of money online....anywho...I think I might end up with a veil and flower even though I said I would not wear a veil.

 

My new screwed up hair cut is not growing fast enough and the back is still jacked up. I figure the veil would hide all the choppy and uneveness of the cut. Besides, I think I will feel more bridal.

 

My only concern is that it will be windy and blowing in my face....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
abbie i LOVE LOVE LOVE the veil, but you tease you! i want descriptions of everything and where you got it from LOL
DUHR maur, OCCANSEY!!
ok heres the skinny cause i'm so happy i cant resist :) july brides secret only!!
placed order last fri afternoon. 19", ivory glimmer, standard cut, plain edge, 3.25" (or whatever) metal comb, 54" fabric. $31.80 including shipping! arrived WED! can we say OMG FAST!?! i emailed kathy a huge thanks already :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Martha View Post
Can't wait for the full thread with descriptions!
i know, me too! haha, im so excited for my own planning thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
p.s. abbie i was just looking at the veil photo again and goshdarn your hair has gotten so long since i saw you last!
i know, right? i have an appointment for the 26th, cut (taking off at LEAST 3"!) and hair trial! then highlites again on the 8th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole5worm View Post
I love all your planning! love the colors!!!elefant.gif
thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina View Post
and i figure even if evvvvvvverything goes wrong, at the end of the day i'm still married, and i still had a fun vacation with 25 people :)
totally the way to look at it :) BUT, nothing will go wrong, right??
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
Douggirls, I love the blue undies!!!
thanks! target for both! i'm gonna put the "Bride" bling from michaels on the lacy ones. the other ones are for mexico, i figured in the heat they'll be more comfy than lace.
What is the first pic of (it looks like names on pieces of paper). Are they placecards? Everything looks great, girl!!!
its a stack of returned reply cards so far! yay for the people who made the deadline! now lets see how many more we get before next week when we have our meeting with the venue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Martha View Post
I think I might end up with a veil and flower even though I said I would not wear a veil.

Besides, I think I will feel more bridal.

My only concern is that it will be windy and blowing in my face....
you HAVE to order thru OccanseyDesigns Custom Wedding Veils - OBridal.com. so freakin cheap, FAST and gorgeous! just tell them its a rush and there is no charge, unless you need it in a few days. but you've got 2 weeks past me, so you'll be fine. check out her whole website, its really good. totally answers all your Q's. plus she emails right back if you ask her a Q by email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's a few more teasers!

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

me in my shower dress! dougs mom bought, i love it :)

Click the image to open in full size.

 

hahahahah, that is TOTALLY dougs hairy knuckles, not mine! these are his 4 rings i bought him from Wholesale Sterling Silver Jewelry | Titanium | Tungsten | Stainless Steel | Silver Jewelry. i actually bought 8 rings (4 styles, 2 sizes of each) and including shipping it was less than $50. real titanium, too! the 11 fits but will be too snug for hot times like mexico, the 12 fits but will be too loose in the winter. so he will go back and forth, depending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh ab i knew your veil was from occansey, i was referring to everything else that i may not know where it came from! (actually i am wearing my veil right now as i type, i am using it as motivation to not eat anything bad because i just tried on my dress and holy fuck i cant zip it!!!! i literally am eating nothing except raw veggies and baked boneless skinless chicken for the next 4 weeks! i will drink protein shakes for breakfast. fuck. me. this is all the working late and not working out catching up with me) but anyway i digress...

 

where is your shower dress from? super cute!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
DUHR maur, OCCANSEY!!
ok heres the skinny cause i'm so happy i cant resist :) july brides secret only!!
placed order last fri afternoon. 19", ivory glimmer, standard cut, plain edge, 3.25" (or whatever) metal comb, 54" fabric. $31.80 including shipping! arrived WED! can we say OMG FAST!?! i emailed kathy a huge thanks already :)


i know, me too! haha, im so excited for my own planning thread!

i know, right? i have an appointment for the 26th, cut (taking off at LEAST 3"!) and hair trial! then highlites again on the 8th.

thanks!!

totally the way to look at it :) BUT, nothing will go wrong, right??

its a stack of returned reply cards so far! yay for the people who made the deadline! now lets see how many more we get before next week when we have our meeting with the venue.

you HAVE to order thru OccanseyDesigns Custom Wedding Veils - OBridal.com. so freakin cheap, FAST and gorgeous! just tell them its a rush and there is no charge, unless you need it in a few days. but you've got 2 weeks past me, so you'll be fine. check out her whole website, its really good. totally answers all your Q's. plus she emails right back if you ask her a Q by email.
I got my veil through OD! I love it! 180inch, extra full, cut edge, ivory drop veil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Martha View Post
So....I've been thinking. Locked up in a hotel room in Houston (because I hate Houston and refuse to venture out) is making me spend tons of money online....anywho...I think I might end up with a veil and flower even though I said I would not wear a veil.
I'm wearing flowers and a veil. Don't worry, it will look nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
i actually bought 8 rings (4 styles, 2 sizes of each) and including shipping it was less than $50. real titanium, too! the 11 fits but will be too snug for hot times like mexico, the 12 fits but will be too loose in the winter. so he will go back and forth, depending.
8 rings! Wow, Doug will never be able to use the excuse "I lost my ring"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
oh ab i knew your veil was from occansey, i was referring to everything else that i may not know where it came from! (actually i am wearing my veil right now as i type, i am using it as motivation to not eat anything bad because i just tried on my dress and holy fuck i cant zip it!!!! i literally am eating nothing except raw veggies and baked boneless skinless chicken for the next 4 weeks! i will drink protein shakes for breakfast. fuck. me. this is all the working late and not working out catching up with me) but anyway i digress...
Drink lots of water and stay away from sodium. Try alli, you can poop it all out :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha, i think maura might be on the colonix already. actually i havent seen that thread lately, what gives??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maura! oh no! you and erin both, WTF?? that is so not exciting sad.gif i'm so sad about you both. but, yet another reason i am LOVING my corset back. altho when i went for my final fitting, my underskirt barely zipped! because i had been working out my back so much, the muscle was thicker than the chub had been sad.gif so i stopped working out! not cool. but now the skirt fits again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×