July '08 NEWLYWEDS chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
Ab, did you get the thing i forwarded you last night about microsoft? lets talk about it via email. i will help you figure it out one way or the other. cheesy.gif
if you sent it to my yahoo i havent checked it in a couple days, i can look at it tonight and we can discuss from there :) yay! i'm off tomorrow with no plans! i can BDW all day after i drop the kids at school! (haha, that sounds like a funny different way of adding to the poo thread wink.gif)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
katrina, did your starfish necklace come yet?
no not yet... i also ordered 2 more necklaces which are slightly different for my MOHs- Etsy :: Starfish and Sand Dollar Necklace i got one with a pearl and the other with an orange crystal.. hopefully i get them soon and i'll let you know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkkkk!
OMG, please please please dont refer to the amount of time between now and july 11 in weeks! i freakin flipped out when i saw that! i much prefer the sound of 2 months, 1 week and x days. sound like a lot longer! man, my heart is racing now! we are getting freaking CLOSE! and i still have SO much to do!
haha i know... 9 weeks sounds so bad... but i love it at the same time!! smile159.gif i'm kind of at a point where if we were leaving tomorrow, i'd be happy with what i got done.. so anything extra is a bonus!! popcorn.gif

alright ladies, let's get it together!! foshizzle.bmp

i haven't done CRAP.

my rsvp date was may 3rd and so far everyone except 4 people replied. i thought we were almost all set, until fi decided he really reeeeeally wanted to invite 5 more people!! and 3 of them are really trying to make it happen. it's not that i don't want more people- i just want it settled!!

maura, i got all of the etsy necklaces in. the second ones i ordered (with the pearl and crystal) are MUCH nicer than the first one with just the starfish. the chain on the second is really nice quality. i recommend her stuff. the other one is fine, just not awesome. and i like awesome better.. smile78.gif

From previous post:

STD's sent last year

GM/FI suits

My dress (need alterations)

Veil (may add lace to wear it as a mantilla, but may keep it as is and wear it as a drop veil)

Invites will be mailed by the end of the week

picked main entrees for dinner

booked band

booked photog

booked hairdresser (a good friend of a BM who is flying in, yay!)

booked pre-wedding hotel, honeymoon, flights

ordered shot glasses

have palm fans (ribbon handle done, still need favor tags)

have star fish (still need name/table number tags)

booked church for ceremony

selected centerpeices

Purchased FH's tie (found one I like for the GM but need to find 9 more!)

Invites Mailed!!! YAY!

Took E-Pics

Bridal Shower sheduled June 1st (still need to register though)

Bachelorette Party scheduled May 2-4 (taking BD pics- SIL is a photographer so we've scheduled it in to take advantage of the suite and having my girls around to help me out, lol)

All my BM's got fitted this week

Picked up wedding bands :)

-Purchased all the material for the BM and FG dresses and dropped it off with the seamstress

-got my wedding band sized (it was too tight)

-bought shoes (which I may exchange)

-scheduled my first fitting this Thursday (need to purchase a bra asap!)

-Had my Bachelor party and BD pics!

-Finished registering (Bed, Bath and Beyond, Macy's and Pottery Barn)

-Picked up our marriage certificate and scheduled our civil ceremony next Friday!

-My RSVP deadline was May 1st, now we are trying to call those who never bothered to respond (PITA!

-GM ties are in!

I've been watching this thread for a while and finally decided to join in.

Completed Items:

STD's sent

Invitations sent

Majority of guests booked in hotel

Information brochure completed, not yet sent (waiting for a couple of last minute guests to make up their mind)

FI suit/shirt/shoes purchased

GM shirts purchased

3 of 4 BMs bought their dresses

Parent gifts purchased

BMs gifts purchased

Wedding dress purchased, no alterations

Veil, tiara, shoes, other accessories purchased

Palm fans purchased

Wedding programs completed

Favors picked out

Selected centerpieces

Selected buffet menu

Wedding bands purchased

Registry for bridal shower and honeymoon registry complete

Legal paperwork complete

Ceremony area booked

Reception area booked

Purchased some items for centerpieces

Purchased candles for table

Guest book completed

Sand ceremony jar completed

Children favors (mini pinatas) purchased

Candy for pinatas purchased

Airfare purchased

Still Need to Do:

Finish table numbers project

Buy GMs gifts

Finish personalized napkins

Purchase rocks and floating candles for centerpieces

Purchase Favors

Find music

Talk to WC (was supposed to be assigned at 3 months, still MIA) regarding ceremony music (harpist), dinner menu, reception decorations, table sizes, etc.

Figure out a way to pack everything

I think that's about it, i'm sure I'm forgetting something important. Its crazy how much we got done, but what's left is the really important stuff and it would be nice to get a WC assigned to finalize things. smile41.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
^^ Wow, chica! You have done a LOT!!!

Katrina, that is so funny about FI inviting people all last minute! HAHA J wanted to do that, too! LOL.
So how many people have booked so far?
we have 25 booked right now with 4 more maybes. most of me doesn't mind that fi keeps inviting people cause our package goes up to 40 and i won't have to pay anything more for them. but i'm kind of unmotivated to do place cards and stuff like that until i have a final count!! i hate starting projects that i know i can't finish.. so i'd rather just not do it at all. smile105.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonPalacePookie View Post
I've been watching this thread for a while and finally decided to join in.

I think that's about it, i'm sure I'm forgetting something important. Its crazy how much we got done, but what's left is the really important stuff and it would be nice to get a WC assigned to finalize things. smile41.gif
i haven't talked to my wc either!! i emailed her and asked when and she said she promises she'll be contacting me next week. so again, i've been doing everything pretty halfass because i don't know the details. doesn't that seem so silly? with 2 months to go i have no idea where i'm having my reception. if we were having a "normal" wedding we'd be FREAKING OUT. dw brides are awesome cheer2.gif