July '08 NEWLYWEDS chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
we finally set a legal wedding date - saturday july 12. jose's parents are flying in and it will be very low key -- doing a rooftop ceremony at sunset with just our parents and 2 friends, then one of the friends is catering the dinner at our home. just wanted to keep it simple!
YAY maura, you're the day after me! too bad we're not both having our cabo weddings the same weekend, OMG how fun would that be?

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
we finally set a legal wedding date - saturday july 12. jose's parents are flying in and it will be very low key -- doing a rooftop ceremony at sunset with just our parents and 2 friends, then one of the friends is catering the dinner at our home. just wanted to keep it simple!

katrina, you HAVE to tell me everything you bought from mac. i have to go there to do a trial soon and i love what they did for you.
omg i bought so much.
eye shadow base paint pot in rubenesque
eye shadow in twinks
eye shadow in gleam
splashproof mascara in black
pearl lip liner in creme sherry
slimshine lipstick in bare
plushglass lip gloss in nice buzz
and also that fix spray for your face

katrina, tell me about the fix stuff for your face, everyone talks about it, but no one has described it in detail! like smell, feel, what you do with it, how often do you use it??

sure thing. it literally feels like water so you don't feel it at all once dry. it goes on like a mist, not really a spray. you're supposed to put it on first before moisturizing and let it dry. then put it on afterwards to set in the makeup. it has a light clean smell. some of the ingredients are green tea, chamomile, and cucumber. it was $14.

does that help? if you have other questions let me know. smile159.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina View Post
sure thing. it literally feels like water so you don't feel it at all once dry. it goes on like a mist, not really a spray. you're supposed to put it on first before moisturizing and let it dry. then put it on afterwards to set in the makeup. it has a light clean smell. some of the ingredients are green tea, chamomile, and cucumber. it was $14.

she beat me to it, but she hit it right on the head. i bought this stuff right after someone posted about it months ago (was it jules?) and i only use it for going out on special occassions, but everytime i use it, my makeup looks so amazing compared to when i dont use it. the scent is really nice too. what i do is lightly mist after ive put the makeup on, and then using a large fluffy makeup brush, just lightly brush it over my face evenly to make sure the mist gets everywhere and whatnot. i love this stuff.

katrina, about how much did you spend at mac? just wanna know how much i should expect to shell out for all that stuff :) i might have to hold off going until june.... i am so pale right now so i dont wanna buy yet just in case i somehow am able to get a little tan haha

Quote:
she beat me to it, but she hit it right on the head. i bought this stuff right after someone posted about it months ago (was it jules?) and i only use it for going out on special occassions, but everytime i use it, my makeup looks so amazing compared to when i dont use it. the scent is really nice too. what i do is lightly mist after ive put the makeup on, and then using a large fluffy makeup brush, just lightly brush it over my face evenly to make sure the mist gets everywhere and whatnot. i love this stuff.

katrina, about how much did you spend at mac? just wanna know how much i should expect to shell out for all that stuff :) i might have to hold off going until june.... i am so pale right now so i dont wanna buy yet just in case i somehow am able to get a little tan haha
oof.. about $125 smile124.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
YAY maura, you're the day after me! too bad we're not both having our cabo weddings the same weekend, OMG how fun would that be?
i know! what a bummer theyre not the same weekend in cabo. we were watching the weather channel last night and i was whining about how far away seattle is!

Quote:
oof.. about $125 smile124.gif
oh thats not that bad i was expecting you to say you dropped over $200!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootBride View Post
OMG I got my memory frame to put my grandmas picture in it... it looks so cheap!
not cool! where did you end up ordering from? i'm debating doing this in honor of my grampa, but i can't decide if i want to do a bouquet frame or something else.
Quote:
yes thanks! i'm gonna get it for sure!
Quote:
i know! what a bummer theyre not the same weekend in cabo. we were watching the weather channel last night and i was whining about how far away seattle is!
maura, we've been having snow, rain, sleet and hail, and weirdly, sunshine at the same time! so don't feel bad about being in chi-town!

We're getting closer, ladies!

J and I went to pick out his wedding band this weekend.

I've still gotta figure out music. Haven't thought at all about that.

I took my dress to get it altered this weekend and amazingly, for it to be taken in and the bustle, the lady is only charging me $70! My friend got charged over $500 for the same thing.