Dress Dilemna--Help

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 LadyCheese

• 1,830 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:32 PM

Wow, I just got off the phone with a different store (chrissy O, thx Sharon for the suggestion ) that is an authorized Maggie Sottero retailer and she quoted me $658 for the dress!!!!
    That is much better than $850! On top of that, she asked me how tall I was and recommended that I order the petite size so I dont need to get it hemmed...and I get a free veil! Woohoo.....thx ladies!!

#42 Debs

• VIP Member
    • 7,104 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

score!! Nice!!

#43 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

that's awesome! Its always great to get a good deal :)

#44 Dbld78

• Banned
      • 665 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

Very nice! I'm glad it worked out for you!

#45 LadyCheese

• 1,830 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

Thx ladies for the support!!

#46 LadyCheese

• 1,830 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

Well the saga continues....I called the original bridal shop that was charging me the $850 (with "free alterations") and asked if they can match the price....the owner said she will match the price of $656 but obviously that does not include alterations...Now I'm wondering (fron reading other threads about alterations) if I should just pay the $850 bc it includes the alterations and as we all know alterations can be costly. LOL....it never ends. I just want to order my dress already!

#47 Yari

• VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:46 AM

I say you go with the cheaper dress. You are getting the petite size, so that should help with the alterations. Also, there is a good possiblity that you can get it alter cheaper someone else.

#48 Sharonie

• 557 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:45 AM

I agree with Yari. The corset back is very flexible, if you choose the size carefully likely not much alteration will be needed.

#49 becks

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:24 AM

Hi Jess! I don't know how I"ve missed this thread. I'm so glad you're finding cheaper prices!

Just a thought - call RK Bridal here in the city. They say they will beat any price quote (you may have to document it), and they will cap the cost of your alterations. I think mine were capped at $250 or $300. And I've got a lace hem that is going to have to be taken off and added back after they shorten it.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#50 LadyCheese

• 1,830 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:40 PM

Thanks again ladies for the advice and suggestions!!
                  I really appreciate the feedback...I think I am going to go with the cheaper gown in petite and take it from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users