• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:18 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sharonie
    I ordered a Maggie Sottero dress too. I called Lee Philips Bridal which offered the lowest price for the dress ($692 vs. $1000+ before tax in Texas). I then took that price to Christy O Bridal shop and they beat the price by 6%. Christy O is an authorized bridal shop and it is actually in NJ. I am not sure which bridal shop you're going to but you should check them out since it is local to you. And I thought in NJ you don't have to pay taxes? I didn't pay when I ordered from Christy O just $20 for shipping.
    Did you order your dress over the phone with Chrissy O (just bc I saw you were in Texas)? Thx for the info, I'm going to make a few calls tomorrow & see what I come up with.

#32 Sharonie

Sharonie
    • 557 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:23 AM

Yes, I called them over the phone and they just asked me what was the lowest price I got and immediately offered 6% off that price. I didn't even have to show anything to them. The dress came in less than three months, before the date they quoted me. I ordered petite and w/ a 3-in heel the length was perfect (I'm 5'4").

#33 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
      • 1,830 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:28 AM

Quote:
        Yes, I called them over the phone and they just asked me what was the lowest price I got and immediately offered 6% off that price. I didn't even have to show anything to them. The dress came in less than three months, before the date they quoted me. I ordered petite and w/ a 3-in heel the length was perfect (I'm 5'4").
        wow, that was a great deal...I hope I get a bargain from my place also. I'm so pathetic bc I dont know how to negotiate at all...LOL. thx again

#34 Sharonie

Sharonie
        • 557 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:29 AM

My dress has a corset back too like yous so I took a chance and ordered the size that matched me perfectly on the chart. The corset back worked beautifully and I didn't have to do any alteration at all. So for example a size 8 will really work for sizes between 6 and 10 without any alterations. If you have a target of what size to get to, maybe order a size bigger than that?

Really pay attention to Maggie Sottero's sizing chart since every vendor is different, and it is definitely different from what you would wear on a daily basis.

#35 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:36 AM

Quote:
            My dress has a corset back too like yous so I took a chance and ordered the size that matched me perfectly on the chart. The corset back worked beautifully and I didn't have to do any alteration at all. So for example a size 8 will really work for sizes between 6 and 10 without any alterations. If you have a target of what size to get to, maybe order a size bigger than that?

Really pay attention to Maggie Sottero's sizing chart since every vendor is different, and it is definitely different from what you would wear on a daily basis.
            Thx for the tips Sharon...I really appreciate it

#36 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:27 AM

I love your dress. It is so pretty!

#37 svisconte

svisconte
              • 136 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:47 AM

your dress is beautiful. I am also looking at a maggie sotero dress. I just love the styles.
                :

#38 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:51 AM

Hmm this is so tricky! I really dont know. I like convience. So I say just get it from the store but then again.... youre saving money. Maybe you could look around for a seamstress and show her the photo of your dress and ask her how much it would cost her to alter it?

#39 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                  • 1,830 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:16 PM

Thanks ladies for all your help and suggestions!! I'm going to see if I can get a better price through my bridal salon...keep your fingers crossed!!!

#40 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:40 PM

And since it's a corset back- don't listen to them when they say you have to order your dress size based on your largest measurement. For example, I was a size smaller in my bust and hips, but my waist was a size larger. They had me order it in my waist size and when the dress came in my dress was WAY too big everywhere. Instead of having that nice V in the back, my corset cinches completely up- no space in between. I then had to have my hips and bust taken in.
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users