#141 MMK0386

MMK0386
  • 367 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by lindseejill 

These are so adorable! Did you do them yourself? If so, do you mind me asking how? I want to do ours myself but have no idea where to even start.

Thank you! Yes, I did the, myself. I made them on picmonkey.com which is a photoeditor. I just start with a white "picture" and then add all the text and designs as I go. It's fairly easy to learn with a little patience.. I'm self taught- so if I can do it...anyone can! :)

Originally Posted by tristanc 

You did a great job!!! So unique and shows your personality. Great job!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

Very cool! Love the humor in yours, that would be something suitable for us too lol!!

I am thinking we will likely do programs on a fan like a few of u have mentioned. Found a bunch of well priced ideas that can be custom made obviously, from etsy.com!

I am also getting those tiny little bubble tubes, they are just so fun and will make for some fun pics with bubbles!!!

Thanks! I like the humor too... I figure- we're on the beach.. I don't really want it to be overly formal.

#142 lindseejill

lindseejill
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by MMK0386 

Thank you! Yes, I did the, myself. I made them on picmonkey.com which is a photoeditor. I just start with a white "picture" and then add all the text and designs as I go. It's fairly easy to learn with a little patience.. I'm self taught- so if I can do it...anyone can! :)

Thank you!

Thanks! I like the humor too... I figure- we're on the beach.. I don't really want it to be overly formal.

Okay so I just spent about 4 hours making our own programs using picmonkey... but for some reason when we print it off the quality is pretty bad and the writing is fuzzy! How did you print yours?

#143 MMK0386

MMK0386
    • 367 posts
    • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

Okay so I just spent about 4 hours making our own programs using picmonkey... but for some reason when we print it off the quality is pretty bad and the writing is fuzzy! How did you print yours?

On the right side where the "tools" are- the last tool is "resize." Make that number match the size you are printing to in pixels. Pic monkey uses 300 dpi (dot per inch) printing so you have to figure that in as well. For an 8.5 x 11 try 2550 x 3300. You can just google the conversion for any size you want. Make sense? Hope that helps!

#144 lindseejill

lindseejill
    • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by MMK0386 

On the right side where the "tools" are- the last tool is "resize." Make that number match the size you are printing to in pixels. Pic monkey uses 300 dpi (dot per inch) printing so you have to figure that in as well. For an 8.5 x 11 try 2550 x 3300. You can just google the conversion for any size you want.
      Make sense? Hope that helps!

Oh my gosh YAY!!! It worked! Haha I was so depressed last night because they were all fuzzy and hard to read. Thank you soooo much for your help!

#145 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
      • Site Supporter
      • 88 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

This is our program- I had a seller on Etsy create them and then I just took them to Kinko's. I didn't want to spend an extraordinary amount of time on programs so they are simple, but I wanted to give credit to the wedding party and thank everyone (again) for attending.

#146 MMK0386

MMK0386
        • 367 posts
        • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Oh my gosh YAY!!! It worked! Haha I was so depressed last night because they were all fuzzy and hard to read. Thank you soooo much for your help!

Wonderful! Glad I could help! :)

#147 JHo2013

JHo2013
        • 109 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

I thought about this very long and hard. We were about to do something like this: (Sorry for the pixelated images - I just took snapshots from my monitor)

And on the back have our processional/bridal party/music program. But I hate to say that I never ever keep programs when I attend a wedding, and they just get tossed after the short half hour. Instead, I've found a beautiful baroque frame that I'm gonna use to frame a chalkboard and then write it in with some fancy lettering. That way it will be on display at the ceremony space and guests can have a look at it before the ceremony begins, and we can have our program in a frame as wall art for afterwards. I just spray painted a blackboard and I will post pictures of the framed chalkboards in my planning thread once I get a chance! :)

#148 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
          • 110 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

I am not sure what we are doing so I am so glad I found this post!!

#149 Liann03

Liann03
          • 152 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

Wow! LOVE IT!

#150 ornxoxo

ornxoxo
            • 177 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Could anyone please help me direct to a catholic ceremony program template or sample?  I cannot find any at all :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users