Bridesmaids gifts . . .do I need more?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 violethaze2b

• 51 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:08 PM

I am so excited about the gifts I got my bridemaids. A pearl pendant on a white gold chain for $55 each. Its a classic for the picky fashionistas they are :).The site is always offering free shipping! I got a necklace for each girl and splurged and got a nicer pearl for myself as wedding jewelry. Pearl Solitaire Pendants

I also found these great looking personalized cosmetic bags for $9 each on ebay. She gives quantity discounts and I just emailed her to find out more on that. Joy is fun to work with. She has robes and slippers among other things. A robe is next on my list eBay Store - Smarty Pants Boutique: Baby, Purses Totes Hanfbags, Boutique

My intention is to use the cosmetic bag as the 'wrapping'. I will put the pendant box in there but feel a need to fill it up more. I saw Philosophy has a lip gloss called Gratitude, how cute would that be. I wish I had more money but will really have to call it quits after the $10 a tube gloss. The fiance is laid off and just found out I lost $400 of my deposit because of guests breaking away from the resort contract dates. PITA! Guess who will be doing her own makeup lol

Woo hoo, getting things done!
    Excited to be Mrs. Hayes

#2 lscilley

• 1,466 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

I think that what you have is great! That's pretty much what I was planning.

#3 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:18 PM

I don't think you need more. Just throw in a nice thank you note & it's perfect.

#4 1elephant

• VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:09 PM

i also felt like i needed to fill up the bag, so i got a bunch of free samples to put in my girls' little makeup case. i got some perfume samples, and some other things from sephora...i used to get samples of lip gloss from urban decay (as big at the one for sale!!!), but stopped wearing it. you just have to be sneaky about it depending on how many girls you have
          violethaze, where are you from? i'm in morris township.

#5 georgiabeauty

• 69 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

Your BM gifts sound great - I hear the eyeslipface.com has great deals on makeup and of great quality. You could get a nice set for less than the $10 lipgloss.

Happy planning :)

#6 Stormsong

• 287 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

ok..wow...i feel cheap now. I haven't thought of my MoH gift! I was just going to .....buy her an excursion or something. NOW i am thinking i need to get her something awesome!!! Oh my! <laughs>

#7 boscobel

• VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

I thnk your gifts are perfect!

#8 Yari

• VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

Your gift sounds very cute! Your BM's will love them.

#9 tvt

• VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:10 AM

I think that sounds like a great gift! If you want to fill it up more, you could add a pash from ebay? You can get those for a dollar or two each. And they would fill up the bag

#10 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                    • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:12 AM

I don't think you need more, I think that's a very nice gift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users