Sign in to follow this  
Cole5worm

Alterations at Davids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrieBride08 View Post
I got mine altered there and they charged me $35 to hem, $50 for the bustle. I guess it depends on the dress style too...
OK that doesn't sound too bad. For sure a do-able price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
It is 50 dollars for the bustle, bussle (SP) and mine has a train a pretty big one that is rounded. They said 125 for that and I need about two inches taken up.
That's not horrible either. OK, I'm starting to breathe easier!

I'm so glad you started this thread, don't know why I didn't think of it! Thanks!

Ok here's my take- I think DB offers cheaper dresses and then in turn jacks up the alterations cost because they know most brides need them. I really liked a dress there until I was quoted $350 to alter it because of the "lace".

I ended up buying a more expensive lace dress but I got it hemmed, bustled, hips and sides taken in (I lost some weight) for $150. In the end, I saved money by actually buying a more expensive dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
Ok here's my take- I think DB offers cheaper dresses and then in turn jacks up the alterations cost because they know most brides need them.
I've got a feeling you might be right! sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago88 View Post
I had my alterations done thru David's and I think it was $200. They hemmed it, put in a bustle, and took in the middle. They did a great job though!
Glad to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
I'm so glad you started this thread, don't know why I didn't think of it! Thanks!
Oh your welcome! I do what I can for my girls on BDW smile123.gif

I got my dress at David's and then got it hemmed about 4 inches with lace and it was 90 bucks. I don't think it was that bad. Plus it had bit of a train too. It turned out perfect!!!!!