2 months to go and feeling OVERWHELMED!!!

I got three months to go and feel like I need 6 months for everything else I need to do. And I keep putting it off like I actually have time left to do it! SO dont worry there are many of us stressed out brides out there.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Carly- i'm a control freak. I just got in a tiff with FI last night because I don't like him setting his clothes on our tub. He HAS to put out his outfit the night before and I just don't understand why he can't place that designated outfit in our HUGE walk in closet. No, he has to lay it on the tub so it's there in the morning when he gets dressed. He always sings that Kelis song "I'm bossy. I'm the chick ya'll love to hate."

I'm not sure why the wedding never made it to my "bossy" list. I mean I'm still picky about stuff, but I wasn't into making all the little extras. No OOT bags for me. I wanted to but I didn't actually want to do all the effort behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauraw View Post
sorry to hijack, but rachel, have you registered yethuh.gifhuh.gif i just realized your wedding is in 3 weeks!
hehe. I was just in Pier One Saturday and I asked if they had a registry because we liked so much stuff. They don't. I TRIED!!!

We were going to do an AHR but I think I conviced FI just to have a small BBQ in our backyard for the closest peeps. We just moved so I have been trying to get the house all organized. Don't ever move 3 weeks before your wedding. I think I lost a BM dress. Not sure yet. I'm a mess! rofl.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post
Oh brother!!! Add me right on in. While I love my ticker to death, everytime I look at it I want to cry cuz it reminds me of how far behind I am!crybaby2.gif
I have a long list of things I have yet to do.
OOT Bags...just ordered YESTERDAY
Still have to do the iron transfers when they come in
Then putting all the stuff together that goes in the OOT bags
Haven't gotten the raffia fans yet, then when they come I have to put the ribbon & flowers on them
INVITES...HELLO....Those will probably go out next week!!!!
Travel Info Packet
Welcome Letter
Wedding Jewelry
Programs
Favors
And I'm the one who said that I wanted to be packed at least 2 weeks before the wedding. Why do I think thats not gonna happen.

Sigh...I'm gonna go cry again. I don't know what happened. Where did the time gohuh.gif?girl_werewolf.gif
i'll bring some tissues, i'm right there with you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
hehe. I was just in Pier One Saturday and I asked if they had a registry because we liked so much stuff. They don't. I TRIED!!!

We were going to do an AHR but I think I conviced FI just to have a small BBQ in our backyard for the closest peeps. We just moved so I have been trying to get the house all organized. Don't ever move 3 weeks before your wedding. I think I lost a BM dress. Not sure yet. I'm a mess! rofl.gif
They used to have a registry. Maybe they stopped.

For those who are worried about running out of time, just rank your projects. Put the least important stuff at the end & if you don't get to it, no big deal. Nobody will notice.

I feel bad asking for help, but I realized my friends think it's fun to get crafty sometimes. They would like it if I had more projects for them to help with. So far I've just gotten help caligraphying my invites. But, I'll probably get help painting my OOT bag cups & making decorations for the AHR. I think as long as you ask in a nice way, like "I totally understand if you are too busy, but I could use some help so I thought if anyone was in the mood to do some crafts they wouldn't mind coming over- I'll have drinks."

Just don't let them get too drunk & mess up your projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauraw View Post
lori, if theres anything we can help you with, bring it to dinner on saturday night so we can help haha, im totally serious! we can make it a group effort cheesy.gif
you are so sweet...i think it's just finishing stuff (programs, Menus, etc) and then going shopping. I feel like i get something done and then something else pops up. I want to get my slideshow done by the end of this month so i don't have to worry about it. My FI is in NZL for 2 weeks, so i think i'll get a lot done then...hee, hee. he's a good distraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post
You know what, I think I'm gonna invite my girlfriends to a "HELP YOLANDA GET HER STUFF TOGETHER" Assembly Party.
I get a funny feeling that I'd be the only one there!!!
I may have to disguise this as a "LETS HAVE SOME DRINKS" Party just to lure them in.

We just did this like 2 weeks ago. I was amazed at how fast we got TONS of stuff done. Even something as easy as just folding the outer part to my programs--I laughed that we did it but it would have taken me 2 hours but it took 5 of us like 30 minutes to do it!
You would be surprised at who offers to help you. It's like helping someone move, people help you in hopes that you will help them either that or they know how much this kind of stuff can drain you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
you are so sweet...i think it's just finishing stuff (programs, Menus, etc) and then going shopping. I feel like i get something done and then something else pops up. I want to get my slideshow done by the end of this month so i don't have to worry about it. My FI is in NZL for 2 weeks, so i think i'll get a lot done then...hee, hee. he's a good distraction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
My FI calls me "Lorizilla" when I start barking at him to get his rear in gear. But then i realize what Morgan said, no one will notice if I don't get all of my stuff done b/c they won't know it was missing... wink.gif
if you want help with your slideshow, im a pro with doing them on a mac!
and i do the same thing when my FI is in MX, i get soooo much stuff done that i wouldnt do when he's home distracting me haha.

hahahahaha lorizilla, thats too funny!

my wedding is may 4th and

my groom doesn't have an outfit yet

we don't know what our groomsmen are wearing

i don't know what my flower girl is wearing

i don't have a hair piece or shoes

we don't have wedding rings

i haven't ordered or done anything with OOT stuff

i haven't ordered or done anything with ceremony stuff

i'm still finalizing florist & flowers

i'm still finalizing band/dj

i'm still adding to my registry