Can you freeze M&M's?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Celina

Celina
  • Banned
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:44 PM

I didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd try here....

Since you all got me talked into having M&M's as favors I have been searching the sales!

Well, in yesterday's ad Walmart has pastel blue (my wedding colors) bags of M&M's for $2.96 a bag which is 1/2 off of the M&M website price!

If I bought them now and left them unopened in the bag and put them in a freezer bag and froze them - do you think they would hold out till I took them out of the freezer before the wedding in November?

I have a deep freezer and a regular refrigerator freezer.

Thanks!
    Celina
    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

Hmmmm, I would say no. But that's just cuz I don't like chocolate once it was frozen. SOmething changed in the taste of it. Although, m&ms are so tiny that I am not really sure if it would affect them. Sorry no help here!

#3 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:48 PM

Well, I know my fiance likes them frozen but that seems like a long time. Can you ask Mars? M&M'S.com > Legal

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

I just googled "can I freeze m&m's" and "frozen m&ms" and so many threads popped up about them being a great treat. Perhaps I was wrong and they will keep for tha tlong! But you could always post a question as lucy106 suggested.

#5 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

I would think yes...I dont see the harm in it. I freeze everything. lol

#6 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

This is a little gross, but my mom freezes the leftover Halloween candy every year. This includes M&M's and they still taste great one year later.

#7 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yari
                This is a little gross, but my mom freezes the leftover Halloween candy every year. This includes M&M's and they still taste great one year later.
                OMG~~!! That is hillarious!

Well - if it's good enough for my girl Yari ~ then damn it - it's good enough for me!!

My fiance is so cute - I was reminding him about the M&M thing and he goes and grabs our son's M&M's (a.k.a. potty rewards) - he holds one up and turned it sideways and said, "See honey - they are just little E's turned sideways, it was just meant to be". ~ Gotta love that guy!
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#8 MelanieS

MelanieS
                • 820 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

The experience I've had with freezing M&Ms: It doesn't change the taste or texture, BUT if you try to eat them while they are still frozen, you'll end up with the color all over your hands. Also, they will sometimes bleed their color onto the others in the bag. It might not be a problem is the whole bag is blue, though. I'd try to freeze a few and see how they do.

#9 br1de2b308

br1de2b308
                  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

I'd like to use m&ms for wedding favors but wasn't sure how well they'd handle in the hot weather.

#10 trajackson

trajackson
                    • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

I am in the same boat...considering using the m&m's but will they melt? Has anyone had an issue with this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users