I didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd try here....

Since you all got me talked into having M&M's as favors bunny_4.gif I have been searching the sales!

Well, in yesterday's ad Walmart has pastel blue (my wedding colors) bags of M&M's for $2.96 a bag which is 1/2 off of the M&M website price! smile159.gif

If I bought them now and left them unopened in the bag and put them in a freezer bag and froze them - do you think they would hold out till I took them out of the freezer before the wedding in November?

I have a deep freezer and a regular refrigerator freezer.

Thanks!

Celina

Hmmmm, I would say no. But that's just cuz I don't like chocolate once it was frozen. SOmething changed in the taste of it. Although, m&ms are so tiny that I am not really sure if it would affect them. Sorry no help here!

I just googled "can I freeze m&m's" and "frozen m&ms" and so many threads popped up about them being a great treat. Perhaps I was wrong and they will keep for tha tlong! But you could always post a question as lucy106 suggested.

This is a little gross, but my mom freezes the leftover Halloween candy every year. This includes M&M's and they still taste great one year later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
This is a little gross, but my mom freezes the leftover Halloween candy every year. This includes M&M's and they still taste great one year later.
OMG~~!! That is hillarious! smile120.gif

Well - if it's good enough for my girl Yari ~ then damn it - it's good enough for me!!

My fiance is so cute - I was reminding him about the M&M thing and he goes and grabs our son's M&M's (a.k.a. potty rewards) - he holds one up and turned it sideways and said, "See honey - they are just little E's turned sideways, it was just meant to be". ~ Gotta love that guy!

The experience I've had with freezing M&Ms: It doesn't change the taste or texture, BUT if you try to eat them while they are still frozen, you'll end up with the color all over your hands. Also, they will sometimes bleed their color onto the others in the bag. It might not be a problem is the whole bag is blue, though. I'd try to freeze a few and see how they do.