Any ideas on a disposable vase? - sorry long

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Celina

Celina
  • Banned
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:59 PM

Okay - so the centerpieces at our resort cost $50 a piece. They are fairly small so we will need to have 10 at the most. The dinner setup is long tables that seat 10. so I was thinking of putting two at each table.

Well - I was thinking can't we just go to a florist there and buy some flowers instead of paying that enormous price tag? We'll be there early enough - plus I will have enough aunts and grandmothers and girl friends there to help get this task done.

I don't want huge arrangements with tons of flowers - I think less is more, so something simple will do.

The problem is, I just don't know what to use for a vase. I do not want to take 10 glass vases on an airplane. I was looking on line and found something called Vox - it's a disposable vase, but i can't find any vendors here in the US.

So after looking at them, what they really look like are fancy boxes with a plastic liner for water. That is easy enough to do don't you think? I just need some sort of a container. Nothing too tall or too wide and something I can take with me and pack flat.

Let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Thanks!
    Celina
    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#2 michelle08

michelle08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:03 PM

Are you set on flower centerpieces?? If not, maybe your wedding coordinator or if you aren't having one of those the resort coordinator can get you a hurricane w/ a candle and sand like I and a bunch of others are using. I am renting mine from my wc for $12 each...

Then if you still want flowers (I don't know what flowers you are using) you can use the tops only and place them randomly around the tables or rose petals

#3 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

You can get large shells and fill them in with sand and smaller shells once you got there, and you can put a small picture frame stand with a note and make it a theme.

Also, if you want containers. The Container Store has clear square boxes that all different sizes and different. You could take off the lid and use the container alone.

#4 babycow

babycow
        • 367 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

This vase is like a bag and you add warm water to shape into a vase. It would pack flat and it's pretty inexpesive. It would look lovely with ribbon or other embelishments. What on Earth - A Collection Of Fun Wear & Delightful Diversions
          http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
          Erica and Tim
          Dreams Tulum
          Mexico
          May 17, 2008

#5 SDEMMI

SDEMMI
          • 61 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

I just saw these at Target over the weekend - around the frames section. They look neat!!

#6 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

You can also ask your wedding coordinator to rent you vases only. Then you add your own flowers. I think you could probably get them for under $10 a piece.
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#7 manda0812

manda0812
              • 343 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:49 AM

these look different, never seen anything like it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users