#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:36 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kat81
    OMG... I hope everything works out. I didn't even think about this with my Grandma.. I better check into it!
    is your gma also from texas? if so, my post above might be helpful. PM me if you need the link to getting the BC. It was really easy online. Get started ASAP. The sooner the better so you don't have to stress about it.

#12 CTHawaii14

CTHawaii14
    • 488 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:37 AM

OMG. I am so sorry to hear about your bad news. Im sure that everything will work out. Stay strong and keep your head up.

#13 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:45 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Janet
        I would recommending calling your Senator or Congressman and seeing if they can help!
        I second that, they usually can get results faster than anything you can do on your own. Good luck :)

#14 Kat81

Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:54 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          is your gma also from texas? if so, my post above might be helpful. PM me if you need the link to getting the BC. It was really easy online. Get started ASAP. The sooner the better so you don't have to stress about it.
          She is from California. I will call her tomorrow and see what she has in the way of a BC. Thanks! I will PM if I need any info. Seems so silly. Like our elderly don't go through enough government hoopla!!

#15 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this, there's gotta be a way. I'm sure it'll probably require a trip to the passport office and a lot of fun calls. Keep us posted.

#16 babycow

babycow
            • 367 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

Best of luck getting this sorted out. I bet it won't take too long once you find the right people to talk to.
              http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
              Erica and Tim
              Dreams Tulum
              Mexico
              May 17, 2008

#17 marip123

marip123
              • 211 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:35 PM

Thank you all for the support and suggestions. My mom has been on the case this morning, and was on the phone for 2 hours with the passport office. She also found a way of the church to send a sealed baptismal certificate, and I'm going to go home and write a list of all your suggestions and talk to my mom about them tonight. Again, thank you so much. You don't know how much I appreciate all your suggestions and help.

There's just no way she can't go. She has a new dress and got a new battery in her pacemaker just for this trip!
                I'll definitely keep you posted! Positive thinking!!
                Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#18 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:40 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by marip123
                  Thank you all for the support and suggestions. My mom has been on the case this morning, and was on the phone for 2 hours with the passport office. She also found a way of the church to send a sealed baptismal certificate, and I'm going to go home and write a list of all your suggestions and talk to my mom about them tonight. Again, thank you so much. You don't know how much I appreciate all your suggestions and help.

There's just no way she can't go. She has a new dress and got a new battery in her pacemaker just for this trip!
                  I'll definitely keep you posted! Positive thinking!!

A baptismal certificate should do the trick. It's on the list of things to prove age.

#19 marip123

marip123
                  • 211 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    A baptismal certificate should do the trick. It's on the list of things to prove age.

Oh good news, and a relief. I'm going to go back and read your old post. I'm sorry this happened to you too, but comforting to know that you got everything worked out.

#20 marip123

marip123
                    • 211 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:49 AM

. Seems so silly. Like our elderly don't go through enough government hoopla!![/QUOTE]

It is just crazy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users