Photo

Interfaith wedding help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

As many of you know, I'm Catholic and my FI is Jewish. We're getting married at home and are doing a symbolic ceremony in Cabo. I've had the hardest time trying to come up with the ceremony, that I order a book called. "Celebrating Interfaith Marriages" Creating your jewish/christian ceremony by Devon A. Lerner. It has answered a lot of questions and now I'm not worried about the ceremony. Hope this is of help.

#2 addisonreed1113

addisonreed1113
    • 93 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:51 PM

Thanks! I am going to pick that up! My FI is jewish too and I am methodist. Are you using a non-denominational minister and giving him the ceremony you want him to perform? I think that's what we're doing ...but I'm a little nervous! Oh we are from Dallas too!!!!
      There are three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
      - I Corinthians 13:13

#3 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:58 PM

I've also seen other interfaith couples who chose to have one ceremony and two different people marrying them. One was a Rabbi and one was a Priest. The ceremony was actually really beautiful and it was nice to see the two different faiths working together. (I think I saw it on A Wedding Story on TLC...I used to be obsessed with that show when I was in highschool) :)

#4 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by addisonreed1113
        Thanks! I am going to pick that up! My FI is jewish too and I am methodist. Are you using a non-denominational minister and giving him the ceremony you want him to perform? I think that's what we're doing ...but I'm a little nervous! Oh we are from Dallas too!!!!
        So you're a Dallasite!!! :)
        Yeah, we're using a denominational minister and we're giving him the ceremony. This book makes it so easy, I highly recommended. It has several examples of ceremonies.

#5 addisonreed1113

addisonreed1113
        • 93 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for the book rec! I just ordered it off amazon! Is your minister out of Cabo?
          There are three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
          - I Corinthians 13:13

#6 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

Yes, he is. The hotel provided him.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by addisonreed1113
            Thanks for the book rec! I just ordered it off amazon! Is your minister out of Cabo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users