Sign in to follow this  
Sandra E.

Interfaith wedding help

As many of you know, I'm Catholic and my FI is Jewish. We're getting married at home and are doing a symbolic ceremony in Cabo. I've had the hardest time trying to come up with the ceremony, that I order a book called. "Celebrating Interfaith Marriages" Creating your jewish/christian ceremony by Devon A. Lerner. It has answered a lot of questions and now I'm not worried about the ceremony. Hope this is of help.

Thanks! I am going to pick that up! My FI is jewish too and I am methodist. Are you using a non-denominational minister and giving him the ceremony you want him to perform? I think that's what we're doing ...but I'm a little nervous! Oh we are from Dallas too!!!!

I've also seen other interfaith couples who chose to have one ceremony and two different people marrying them. One was a Rabbi and one was a Priest. The ceremony was actually really beautiful and it was nice to see the two different faiths working together. (I think I saw it on A Wedding Story on TLC...I used to be obsessed with that show when I was in highschool) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addisonreed1113 View Post
Thanks! I am going to pick that up! My FI is jewish too and I am methodist. Are you using a non-denominational minister and giving him the ceremony you want him to perform? I think that's what we're doing ...but I'm a little nervous! Oh we are from Dallas too!!!!
So you're a Dallasite!!! :)
Yeah, we're using a denominational minister and we're giving him the ceremony. This book makes it so easy, I highly recommended. It has several examples of ceremonies.

Yes, he is. The hotel provided him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addisonreed1113 View Post
Thanks for the book rec! I just ordered it off amazon! Is your minister out of Cabo?