Photo

Going to Guadalajara this month!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Mandy

Mandy
  • 514 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

I just found out that FI and I get to go visit Guadalajara this month! My boss just told me when we were off. We're going to go house and job shopping, so we need prayers! We have friends that will be down there visiting family, so hopefully they'll be able to point us in the right direction. Yay!

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

oh yay mandy im so excited for you to get to do a scouting trip! make sure to visit el charco de las ranas for some tacos al pastor!!!!!

when do you leave and how long are you going for?

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Fun! Happy house hunting :)

#4 Mandy

Mandy
      • 514 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:15 PM

Thanks! We're going March 21-28. I'll make it my mission to get some tacos el pastor. I'll even try to get some pics. I can just imagine everyone's faces when I pull out my camera for the tacos!!

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:28 PM

I lived there when I was little and now it is so much different. I'm sure you've heard of Tlaquepaque, that's a great place where you can go shopping and find amazing stuff. Prices are ok, but it's worth looking around. Mana (singing group) owns a chain of restaurants, one is Genghis Khan and the food is awesome - steak, the other one is Nude which has sushi and I can't remember the name of the Mexican restaurant, but if you ask around I'm sure someone will know. They are all very unique and have wonderful decor. Enjoy!

#6 MelanieS

MelanieS
          • 820 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

Now I KNOW this is a great forum to be a part of! Didn't know Mandy had gotten the ok from her boss until reading it here. Yay for you and Isaac!!! We are so excited for you two. Love, Mom

#7 babycow

babycow
            • 367 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mandy
              Thanks! We're going March 21-28. I'll make it my mission to get some tacos el pastor. I'll even try to get some pics. I can just imagine everyone's faces when I pull out my camera for the tacos!!
              LOL! I totally pulled out my camera took pictures of all the yummy food a I had last time I went to Guadalajara to visit my grandmothers.
              Have a great time!
              http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
              Erica and Tim
              Dreams Tulum
              Mexico
              May 17, 2008

#8 Mandy

Mandy
              • 514 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

Maura, any advice on renting a car in Guadalajara?

#9 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                • 2,183 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

Mandy,
                  I know this question is for Maura, but when I was there about 4 years ago we rented a car. You will be fine and eventually will find your way around pretty well. It's a bit challenging since the maps you'll get have not all been updated with the streets and also some of the streets have changed names. I remember we were hysterical laughing because it really was hilarious, we got lost plenty of times but we always found our way around. Good luck!

#10 Mandy

Mandy
                  • 514 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

I guess we have to pay about $19/day for insurance on top of renting the car. Thrifty has the best rates so far.

What about a cell phone? In Nicaragua, I bought a SIM card and put it into my AT&T quad band phone. Can I do the same in Mexico?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users