Photo

Who's responsible?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:37 AM

I have been debating whether I want to purchase flower centerpieces from the hotel or make my own. I'm not a big flower fan and I have also exceeded most of my budget on other items , so I figured if I did my own I would save myself some $$. This is my question (sorry if it sounds stupid) but if I make my own centerpieces, does my hotel's WC have the responsibility to put together my centerpieces or do I have to provide to her the finished product and then she simply places them on the tables?

I have attached what I was thinking I want my centerpieces to look like. In additional to what the pic has, I would like to add a stargazer or oriental lily (those are my wedding flowers) to the part where the grass is to give it a burst of color. I will also add either more shells/starfish or tea lights around it in lieu of flower centerpieces. So if I go with this, would I have to make them for my WC or can she make it herself?

Attached Files

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:54 AM

I think that would depend on your resort/WC. If you aren't going through them or paying extra I would assume you make your own but maybe if they are extra nice they will help Your inspiration pic is cute :)

#3 lscilley

lscilley
      • 1,466 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:11 PM

Those are cute I would just ask family or friends to put them together cause who know if you can depend on the WC and hotel to make sure it gets done.

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:16 PM

I put all my centerpieces out the night before (we had the room the night before) but my caterer fixed them all up and finished the tables for me. So in your situation I bet the WC would make sure they get done. I did candles in hurricanes I found for super cheap because I also didn't want to spend a fortune on flowers.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:21 PM

We are doing our own centerpieces as well. ($50 for a small centerpiece is not in our budget). I would think that you would be responsible for getting them done, and the WC is responsible for getting them on the tables.
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#6 AllureEventDesign

AllureEventDesign
          • 115 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

I agree with the girls - I suggest pre-assembling them with the help of your family/friends and having them ready for the hotel's WC to pick up and set them out.. By doing this, you are guaranteed they will be assembled properly.

Also, I suggest asking a friend or family member (someone you trust) to check on them before the wedding just to make sure that everything is as you wanted. It should work out fine!

#7 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
            • 514 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by AllureEventDesign
              I agree with the girls - I suggest pre-assembling them with the help of your family/friends and having them ready for the hotel's WC to pick up and set them out.. By doing this, you are guaranteed they will be assembled properly.

Also, I suggest asking a friend or family member (someone you trust) to check on them before the wedding just to make sure that everything is as you wanted. It should work out fine!
              I like the idea of having a friend/family member check up on my centerpieces before the wedding so I won't have to worry about it.

Thanks for all the input ladies!! Looks like I will be putting them together myself. At least this way I will know what the outcome will be and there will be no surprises with how they look.

#8 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

First of all, the centerpieces you picked are very nice looking. I think I would also have someone help you assemble them. You dont need to be worrying that the WC didnt do it or didnt do it how you like it.

#9 SBlake

SBlake
                • 150 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

I love the center piece, what a great idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users