Photo

Starfish Save The Dates

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lucky1

Lucky1
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

I was thinking of getting starfish and just attaching a cute card tied with nice ribbon for the date. What do you guys think? Has anyone done this?

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:26 PM

I have never seen it for the STD's but I am doing it for my Table's for seating

#3 lscilley

lscilley
      • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:31 PM

I think it is a cute idea but how would you send them out? Wouldn't you worry that they would get broken.

#4 Lucky1

Lucky1
        • 49 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:33 PM

Yeah, I thought about that but I figured I could pad them and box them like some brides have done with their invites.... maybe??

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:33 PM

that would be cool if you sent them in boxes or something!

#6 Lucky1

Lucky1
            • 49 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:37 PM

Kat, I love the idea for the tables too. I kind of wanted to have a starfish theme so I've been bouncing around some ideas. If I didn't send them as my STDs I thought of using them as favors but putting bling on them like I saw someone else do on here. I wanted something real different/cool for the STDs but didn't want to go overboard money wise. I'm doing the boarding passes for invites.

#7 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:40 PM

I am too.. if you need templates let me know.. I was going to send the Message in a bottle invites but the postage would have been too much. So I am just not sending STD cards. Just the boarding pass invite with a magnet with our picture and logo on it. That will kinda serve as the STD. I am doing the starfish theme too.

#8 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:40 PM

Im using them for my boarding pass. At least I am going to try to... we shall see.
                  I like the idea of using them for save the dates. Box them for extra safety!

#9 Lucky1

Lucky1
                  • 49 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:49 PM

Kat, thanks! My email is brooklyndream17@aol.com. Do you have any done yet?

What could I pad the starfish with in the box that would still look nice but protect them?

#10 Kat81

Kat81
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,615 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:51 PM

Maybe tissue paper in your color from the wedding... and yeah I have mine done I haven't sent them out yet though I am going to try and do it this weekend.. But I have several templates I will email them to ya!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users