Photo

Groomsmen Gifts

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 ashey063009

ashey063009
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

Are any of your FIs / GMs big golfers? DH and Co. are HUUUUUGE golfers, so he had custom made golf bags with matching travel duffels made for each of them-- I never thought to take a pic, but I really should have.

They were pricey, but definitely worth it. They do an annual golf trip, and each of the boys seems really excited to get to use theirs.

Also-- I saw these really great frames at Twisted Goods last night that just say "The Boys" on the bottom. It's pretty basic, but I thought a nostalgic photo of DH and friends would make a great GM gift for anyone still looking. :)

#62 ashey063009

ashey063009
    • 604 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

*Lightbulb* What about a magazine subscription as part of a gift? It's really easy to personalize the choice for each GM -- Sports Illustrated, Golf Digest, The Economist, TIme... whatever. Just a thought. lol

#63 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
      • 612 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:31 PM

Ash, great idea! I love it! I might have to use this one!
        ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
        My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#64 Shandalier

Shandalier
        • 93 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:45 PM

We are also having that issue. I didn't even think of any of these creative ideas! We were thinking of doing something not so tangible, like paying for all the boys to go on an ATV excursion or something. My FI also has all the typical GM gifts so we don't want to do that.

#65 ashey063009

ashey063009
          • 604 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

I think an excursion is an AWESOME idea!

#66 Shandalier

Shandalier
            • 93 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:08 AM

We may have decided exactly what we are doing. My FI and all his GMs are huge UT football fans so we are looking into getting them all tickets to a game. They can make it a boys night out or something. Just a thought...

#67 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
              • 165 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

Game tickets!
                Great idea!!! Might have to steal that one!

#68 volleygriff

volleygriff
                • 29 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

WE were thinking of getting them all their favorite football jerseys and a matching beach towel for their team, but then realized that they all owned their favorite footbal jersey, so now im stuck again, ugh!

#69 estella1007

estella1007
                  • 475 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:02 PM

We paid for their linen suits, and got them these....
                    Embroidered Cooler Chairs - Free Personalization - $31.95, You Save 36%
                    They actually just arrived today and are really nice. We wanted to get them something practical that they can use all the time. They fold down so they are flat, and are light enough that they can bring them on the cruise with us and they won't be bulky or in the way.

#70 autjo

autjo
                    • 2,182 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

those coolers are super cute!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by estella1007
                      We paid for their linen suits, and got them these....
                      Embroidered Cooler Chairs - Free Personalization - $31.95, You Save 36%
                      They actually just arrived today and are really nice. We wanted to get them something practical that they can use all the time. They fold down so they are flat, and are light enough that they can bring them on the cruise with us and they won't be bulky or in the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users