Ideas for a Non-alcohol Bachelorette

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

There are only a few of my friends that are actually going to my wedding. It's mostly our families. But one of my friends that is going is in NA (narcotics anonymous) and she doesn't drink anymore (they go hand in hand). She was never an alcoholic and she doesn't mind people drinking in front of her but i'd rather do something that's not solely alcohol related (like no bar hopping). I thought maybe a spa day but i'm not sure if she would like that. I dont' know if any of you girls have been in the same situation. But since she is a good friend and one of the few actually going to the wedding I really want to include her in the bachlorette. Anyone have any ideas.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:40 PM

what about cooking classes? or a jewelry party with lia sophia or some other company? OR (and this is what i wish i had done) a scavenger hunt for silly things!

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:40 PM

one of my friends it flying in for my party. She will be pregnant so i also didn't want a drinking-centric party. We are going to get together at a friends house & play games, sing karaoke, take silly pictures in front of my green screen & just have fun. Girls will be drinking, but those who aren't will still have fun.

#4 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

I think the idea of the spa is a great one. Everyone will love it.

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

Good ideas girl. cooking classes is pretty interesting and some of my friends could use a lesson! hehe.

I would love a party like that Morgan, where i could just act silly with my friends. What is a green screen?

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
              Good ideas girl. cooking classes is pretty interesting and some of my friends could use a lesson! hehe.

I would love a party like that Morgan, where i could just act silly with my friends. What is a green screen?
              big green sheet to take pictures in front of. Then I will superimpose us in weird places.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t16091

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t15633

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

i know a lot of sober people - i think it is very considerate that you are trying so hard to make her feel completely comfortable! :)

what about a nice dinner at a BYOB (without bring the B) OR a night in with games and snacks OR painting pottery OR manicures/pedicures if you don't want to do the entire spa day

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:09 PM

Alyssa- she's a good friend and I'm really happy that she is able to come to my wedding. She didn't think she would be able to come, she just got engaged a few months ago. Game night sounds like fun, i'm a board game dork. Mani and Pedis might be something she likes, she does get manicures.

#9 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,116 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:10 PM

I know a girl who did one of those murder mystery parties for hers. She said it was a lot of fun.

Also, if you have a Bath Junkie near you, those are fun. You can usually reserve a room there for parties and you basically design your own bath/spa stuff...customize the scent, color etc. it's fun.
                    Welcome to Bath Junkie

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

Bath Junkie sounds cool! If your crowd is adventurous, what about something like go-kart racing, golfing, sailing, etc. Stuff that keeps you busy having fun so alcohol isn't an issue. (although if I were sailing I would probably sneak in a flask...lol)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users