Sign in to follow this  
Jenn79

Bermuda Resources

I know there aren't a lot of brides on this forum who have chosen Bermuda as theiry destination, but I thought I would post a list of sites that I found helpful when planning my wedding. Maybe it will entice more Bermuda Brides to the forum! idea.gif

Bermuda Vacations, Meetings, Weddings, Guide, History & Culture | Bermudatourism.com - Feel the Love

The Wedding Salon, LTD. / Bermuda Weddings - Barbara Whitecross, Certified Wedding Consultant

Bermuda Wedding & Honeymoon

Bermuda Weddings

Welcome to Bermuda Bride

The Bridal Suite

Bermuda Yellow Pages Online

I know there are a bunch more I used, but I thought these would be the most helpful for anyone just getting started.

it can be very pricey to get married there, but there are ways of doing it affordably as well. For my wedding I cruised to the island, cutting the cost of a hotel stay and food (which is where the money adds up).

Try taking a look at the 9 Beaches resort, or talk to a few of the local planners to get an idea of how much things will cost.

Bermuda is an expensive island. And I agree, cruising is the best value as it's "almost" all-inclusive. And on many itineraries you stay docked so it's like you're just using the ship as your hotel anyway.

As far as 9 Beaches, it prices good but just research well. It's not a resort for everyone. And it is nothing like Tahiti (which I know wasn't mentioned here but is a common misconception I get asked about all the time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassau2008 View Post
Hi,
It's great to see some stuff on Bermuda. I actaully lived there for 5 years, and loved it. It's too bad that it doesn't get more attention, especially from the northeast crowd that's under 2 hours away! I haven't been back in a couple years, but would be happy to answer any questions anyone has, especially about the island itself. I have been to most of the resorts as well, but again-that was a couple years ago.

Happy travels!
I lived on the island too, twice, for a total of five years. Getting married there was like going home again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassau2008 View Post
No kidding, small world! It's too bad that Bermuda tourism doesn't wake up and get some cheaper flights in there, and some more all-inclusive plans. I wanted to get married there, but with my party crew, a more budget-minded all-inclusive was a better idea for us. You just can't beat the island though as far as friendliness, cleanliness, and safety.

Where did you get married?
Don't I know it. We ended up cruising to the island with our guests to reduce costs, but were only able to be on the island for three days...I would have loved a week!
We got married at the Coco Reef Resort (used to be called Stonington, not sure how long ago you were there), and it was absolutely beautiful.

I can't wait to get married in Bermuda. I've never personally been there, however my mother cruised there 4 years ago and saw a wedding at Horseshoe Bay and fell inlove with it. With it being a 5 day and 2 days on the island, it was a no brainer, this way the people who have never been there still can enjoy the island on there vacation and well we can get married on a beautiful beach!

A tad over 6 months and I'll be saying I do at 9 Beaches!