Photo

Bermuda Resources

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn79

Jenn79
  • 625 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

I know there aren't a lot of brides on this forum who have chosen Bermuda as theiry destination, but I thought I would post a list of sites that I found helpful when planning my wedding. Maybe it will entice more Bermuda Brides to the forum!

Bermuda Vacations, Meetings, Weddings, Guide, History & Culture | Bermudatourism.com - Feel the Love

The Wedding Salon, LTD. / Bermuda Weddings - Barbara Whitecross, Certified Wedding Consultant

Bermuda Wedding & Honeymoon

Bermuda Weddings

Welcome to Bermuda Bride

The Bridal Suite

Bermuda Yellow Pages Online

I know there are a bunch more I used, but I thought these would be the most helpful for anyone just getting started.
    Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
    Review Pictures Pro Pictures
    "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#2 bermudabride825

bermudabride825
    • 20 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

Finally some Bermuda resources!! We are getting married there this August. Thanks so much for the websites!

#3 Jenn79

Jenn79
      • 625 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

You're very welcome! Glad I can help!

#4 DaniellaP

DaniellaP
        • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:52 PM

Might be an odd question.. Is it really pricey to get married there?? I would love to go there, but we have large group, and we need the wedding to be afforable..

#5 Jenn79

Jenn79
          • 625 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

it can be very pricey to get married there, but there are ways of doing it affordably as well. For my wedding I cruised to the island, cutting the cost of a hotel stay and food (which is where the money adds up).

Try taking a look at the 9 Beaches resort, or talk to a few of the local planners to get an idea of how much things will cost.

#6 TA Dina

TA Dina
            • 181 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

Bermuda is an expensive island. And I agree, cruising is the best value as it's "almost" all-inclusive. And on many itineraries you stay docked so it's like you're just using the ship as your hotel anyway.

As far as 9 Beaches, it prices good but just research well. It's not a resort for everyone. And it is nothing like Tahiti (which I know wasn't mentioned here but is a common misconception I get asked about all the time).

#7 Jenn79

Jenn79
              • 625 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:39 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nassau2008
                Hi,
                It's great to see some stuff on Bermuda. I actaully lived there for 5 years, and loved it. It's too bad that it doesn't get more attention, especially from the northeast crowd that's under 2 hours away! I haven't been back in a couple years, but would be happy to answer any questions anyone has, especially about the island itself. I have been to most of the resorts as well, but again-that was a couple years ago.

Happy travels!
                I lived on the island too, twice, for a total of five years. Getting married there was like going home again.

#8 Jenn79

Jenn79
                • 625 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nassau2008
                  No kidding, small world! It's too bad that Bermuda tourism doesn't wake up and get some cheaper flights in there, and some more all-inclusive plans. I wanted to get married there, but with my party crew, a more budget-minded all-inclusive was a better idea for us. You just can't beat the island though as far as friendliness, cleanliness, and safety.

Where did you get married?
                  Don't I know it. We ended up cruising to the island with our guests to reduce costs, but were only able to be on the island for three days...I would have loved a week!
                  We got married at the Coco Reef Resort (used to be called Stonington, not sure how long ago you were there), and it was absolutely beautiful.

#9 Cattie

Cattie
                  • 594 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:34 AM

I can't wait to get married in Bermuda. I've never personally been there, however my mother cruised there 4 years ago and saw a wedding at Horseshoe Bay and fell inlove with it. With it being a 5 day and 2 days on the island, it was a no brainer, this way the people who have never been there still can enjoy the island on there vacation and well we can get married on a beautiful beach!

A tad over 6 months and I'll be saying I do at 9 Beaches!

#10 ask9999

ask9999
                    • 82 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

I looked at a bunch of islands (want to get married at a resort and have guests stay there for a few days) and Bermuda was the most expesive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users