Photo

What's your new last name going to be?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 svisconte

svisconte
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

Im on the fence about it. I cant wait to marry my fi and take his name but at the same time i dont want to part with mine. My name flows so nicely now(selina marie visconte) and now its going to be selina marie cole. I asked him if he would hyphenate the names but he laughed lol
    :

#62 Mandy

Mandy
    • 514 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

Mooneyham. My FI told me he would rather change his last name to Isaac, which is his middle name, and then I would be Mandy Isaac. But he would still go by Isaac. We're going to stick with Mooneyham!

#63 Celina

Celina
      • Banned
      • 2,811 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by svisconte
        Im on the fence about it. I cant wait to marry my fi and take his name but at the same time i dont want to part with mine. My name flows so nicely now(selina marie visconte) and now its going to be selina marie cole. I asked him if he would hyphenate the names but he laughed lol
        OMG ...we almost have the same name!

I am going from Celina Marie Salgado (very Latin) to Celina Marie Ellis ..WTF??

I like my last name! I really dont' want to change it by my FI laughed at me too!

The funny thing is, my daughter (not biological to my FI) has already changed her name to Ellis. All of her schoolwork says "Jada Ellis" - she loves it! It is so sweet!

What is really funny is my FI is half Hispanic as well! He is part Mexican, part Scottish and part German. He gets mistaken for Italian or European all of the time. When we were in Mexico everyone spoke Spanish to me and he had to answer because I speak very little Spanish. He would laugh at me and say - DO NOT answer them or even try to! It was so funny.
        "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#64 beachbride08

beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:09 PM

My new last name will be Tropea. My FI goes by Mike, but his real name is Michele (he's Italian, and it is pronounced Mick-elle). So we will both have the same name after we get married, except I have an extra "L" in my name. Talk about confusing!
          Michelle

#65 thomastaci22

thomastaci22
          • 98 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:37 PM

My new last name will be Thomas. I am going from one man's first name (Stevens) to another (Thomas)!!

#66 crawford2B

crawford2B
            • 244 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:06 AM

I am currently Lindsey Capstick. I teach 1st grade and ALWAYS get Ms. CHAPSTICK!!!
              (well all my life so far) Anyway I will soon be
              Lindsey Michelle Crawford (MUCH BETTER)!!!! I don't have to change my initials. How cool!!

#67 jessyg20

jessyg20
              • 263 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:44 AM

JESSICA VELOZ. In spanish Veloz means quick/fast. Since we both work together we're both going to be Officer Veloz. or Mrs. Quick! ;o)
                Jessy

My Planning Thread-Updated Links
                http://bestdestinati....-thread-30226/
                Wedding Pictures Link Threadhttp://bestdestinati....perfect-31186/NH Arena Real Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....ew-pics-32477/

#68 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

I'll be Mrs. Bowers. It is really important to FI that I change my name.

I HATED my name in school, but now I'm ok with it. It makes me kinda sad that our family name will die with my dad. He is one of 5 and the only boy and he and all of his sisters only had girls!

#69 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:00 PM

I will be Mrs. Santiago! I hate changing my last name

#70 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
                    • 815 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:42 AM

I will be Carrie Burke.
                      http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
                      Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                      Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users