Jump to content

Photo

What's your new last name going to be?


  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Birdie07

Birdie07
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,218 posts

    Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

    I was about to make a new thread that I got my SS card in the mail just now hahaha...

    #22 Spazz

    Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

      Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:33 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jacqueline
      I don't want to change mine either. I like my last name. My new last name won't be bad either but whatever. I still call my sister by her (OUR) last name, not by her new one. hahahah

      It's kinda strange if u think about it...we are changing our identity. Well not really but its still weird.
      It's funny, I was doing our programs and my sister has been married for 10+ years, but I wrote Moran as her last name even though it hasn't really been hers in forever (my other sister pointed it out and I changed it).

      I'm excited to be a MRS and am proud to take his last name, but I'm really going to miss mine after 28 years.

      #23 edna

      edna
      • Site Supporter
      • 1,360 posts

        Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

        Well basically I am not changing mine because in Mexico we just add it, I will be Edna Mora de Iga ...

        #24 boscobel

        boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

          Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

          I can't wait to change it. I like my last name and all, but I like FI's too. And I can't wait to take on the identity of a family!

          #25 Jacqueline

          Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

            Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by edna
            Well basically I am not changing mine because in Mexico we just add it, I will be Edna Mora de Iga ...
            OH that has a nice ring to it!

            #26 BrittneyD

            BrittneyD
            • Member
            • 679 posts

              Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lizz
              It's funny, I was doing our programs and my sister has been married for 10+ years, but I wrote Moran as her last name even though it hasn't really been hers in forever (my other sister pointed it out and I changed it).

              I'm excited to be a MRS and am proud to take his last name, but I'm really going to miss mine after 28 years.

              I do that with my sister too. I went to book out air the other day, and my TA pointed out that I had a different last name for my sister than I had booked for the rooms. I always forget to use her married name.

              My new last name will be Mills. I can't wait to have a plain and simple last name.
              Brittney & Peter
              July 12, 2008
              Riu Ocho Rios

              http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

              #27 Jacqueline

              Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

                Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lizz

                I'm excited to be a MRS and am proud to take his last name, but I'm really going to miss mine after 28 years.
                Yes. That's how I feel too.

                #28 ACDCDCAC

                ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

                Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:50 PM

                My old/current/soon to be last name is a story most people don't know about me!
                Long story NOT short, more than you wanted to know:
                I grew up with my mexican dad's last name, Munoz. I am clear-white, and have always been teased, kids calling me ghost, casper, whatever. Rude people would even say things like "Oh theres no way your Mexican!" when they found out my last name. I come home from sunny vaca's and people ask if I even went cause I hardly get any color.

                So needless to say it was always hard for me to answer to Munoz, I had no problem "being" 1/2 Mexican, just had a hard time being teased because I don't look like it. After High School I finally got sick of it and had my last name changed to my Great Grandma's last name, we have the same first name as well and I really liked honoring her memory that way. So for the last 13 years I've been Fitch, almost as long as I was Munoz!

                NOW, however, I am exstatic (sp?) to finally have a last name I love, and for it to be something that is ME, that fits, that I didn't have to choose, I am just over the moon. I will be Abbie Chalcraft!

                #29 Birdie07

                Birdie07
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,218 posts

                  Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:04 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DougsGirl
                  My old/current/soon to be last name is a story most people don't know about me!
                  Long story NOT short, more than you wanted to know:
                  I grew up with my mexican dad's last name, Munoz. I am clear-white, and have always been teased, kids calling me ghost, casper, whatever. Rude people would even say things like "Oh theres no way your Mexican!" when they found out my last name. I come home from sunny vaca's and people ask if I even went cause I hardly get any color.

                  So needless to say it was always hard for me to answer to Munoz, I had no problem "being" 1/2 Mexican, just had a hard time being teased because I don't look like it. After High School I finally got sick of it and had my last name changed to my Great Grandma's last name, we have the same first name as well and I really liked honoring her memory that way. So for the last 13 years I've been Fitch, almost as long as I was Munoz!

                  NOW, however, I am exstatic (sp?) to finally have a last name I love, and for it to be something that is ME, that fits, that I didn't have to choose, I am just over the moon. I will be Abbie Chalcraft!
                  I like it!! I'm always real white so growing up I was called casper too. Stupid kids!!

                  #30 Birdie07

                  Birdie07
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,218 posts

                    Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

                    I'm on my way to change my license and hubby just tells me I have to take an eye test and road sign test. WTF!! I don't know road signs!!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users