Sad face. BM dress is too much $

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:25 PM

Crap people- I just need to vent to you before poor Jose (guy who sits next to me at work) here gets an earful. I know it's early as hell to be looking at BM dresses but I am looking anyway so I can see what I like. Plus I have my dress so I'm looking for styles that will compliment it. So I found this dress below that I love, the girls love it too. Anyway- I called a shop that carries it, but...it's $290! Added to that are the alterations, and shoes. So I'm thinking it will be around $390 or more for everything said and done. And that is just DAMN rediculous, I am not going to put them in a hole like that. They'll be helping with the shower and whatnot too so wtf. I wish I could make thier dresses. Either that or I'll put down $100.00 for each girl, I only have 3... Ahhhhh it will work out I know but I needed to get that out! I might even see another dress since my wedding is 10 years away!

It's Lazaro, and I'd be getting it in eggplant (hopefully the fabric looks pretty or else I'll be writing a thread on that too!)
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

my FSIL picked out a $230 BM dress. I found it online for $130. maybe you can find this one for less.

I'll hunt down the website...

#3 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

That's a beautiful dress! Have you checked with your local taylor,if he/she is talented they can probably do it for a lot less.

#4 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          my FSIL picked out a $230 BM dress. I found it online for $130. maybe you can find this one for less.

I'll hunt down the website...
          Wait, what web, Lazaro's website?? The dresses can be cheaper on the website??

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:30 PM

2008 Prom Dresses - Wedding Dresses - Bridemaids - Mother of the Bride Gowns

I've posted a 10% off coupon around ehre somewhere. You can easily find one by googling TJ formal coupon. The ones I have will be expired by the time you'd order anyway.

Oh shipping is free.

Whats the style #? I'll see if I can find it for less.

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jacqueline
              Wait, what web, Lazaro's website?? The dresses can be cheaper on the website??
              No not from the company. From BM dress sellers. There are lots out there. I found the same dress that was $230 in the bridal salon on one of these discount dress sites. Tami suggested it. She got all her BM dresses through them. Shipping takes a while (11 weeks).

#7 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by sodria
                That's a beautiful dress! Have you checked with your local taylor,if he/she is talented they can probably do it for a lot less.
                I was thinking that so I'd have to look into it and see if it would make a major difference. Why didn't God give me the gift of sewing skills Just kiddingggggg

#8 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

i hope you can find it cheaper! that is a lot of money to ask of them unless you pay for half or something!

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

same with wedding gowns. if you search online you can often get a great deal. new dresses too.

#10 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,160 posts

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Morgan
                      No not from the company. From BM dress sellers. There are lots out there. I found the same dress that was $230 in the bridal salon on one of these discount dress sites. Tami suggested it. She got all her BM dresses through them. Shipping takes a while (11 weeks).
                      ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh interestingggggg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users