At home civil ceremony

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

I mentioned the possibility to FI about getting married before leaving for St Lucia and he hated the idea. I really wanted to get married on a Sunday (the schedule worked out better that way), but St Lucia does not allow Sunday weddings. I always wanted my uncle to marry us but I need to have a licensed local do it.

So we changed things around and now are getting married on Saturday with no civil ceremony ahead of time. My uncle will be the co-officiant, handling any religious elements we choose to have incorpated.

What is everyone else doing?

#2 JODEY

• 344 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

Nope ! We are having the full legal ceremony @ Dreams Cancun. Personally I think getting married @ home first will take away some of the excitment. Although sometimes I do think about changing my mind because it would be so much easier

#3 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

Us too, we wanted everything to be in front of friends and family. A bit more hassle and a bit more money but worth it all. JMHO

#4 Spazz

• VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

We thought about it, but decided we really wanted to wait til we were in Jamaica.

#5 Yari

• VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:08 AM

We are getting married right before we leave for Mexico.

#6 starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:40 AM

We did it before we went to Mexico because for us

1.) we didn't want to run around getting things done when we got to Mexico

2.) we wanted the honeymoon amenities at both resorts we stayed at and they wouldn't offer them without a marriage license (Dreams wanted a copy before they would schedule anything!)

It didn't take away from the "real" wedding for us.

#7 BarefootBride

• 1,266 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:50 AM

My DW is legal so no plans to do anything additional. Once I say I do I dont plan on saying it again! Not even to the same man! lol (fingers crossed)

#8 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,328 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:45 AM

i'll be getting married beforehand. it just works out better for us this way. our parents know it's happenning, but no one else.

#9 monicaswave

• 450 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

We are getting married before we go to Mexico. We are both catholic and wated to really get married through the church. Well, catholic priests WILL NOT marry you on the beach so we decided to do the religious before we go. We will have a symbolic ceremony in Mexico but nobody really knows. It will my FI and me and our parents only for the catholic ceremony and everyone for the big party in Mex.

#10 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,047 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                    • LocationToronto

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

We decided to do the legal ceremony at home. We didn't want to really bother with the blood work etc...that's needed in Mexico. To be honest I hate the idea of needles and taking blood out before the wedding...I have thin veins and usually I get very burised....I didn't think it would really go with the dress :) Also, I have a couple of friends that did the "legal" ceremony in Mexico and then realized that their marriage wasn't recognized in many countries including some European ones. So we thought it would just be easier and take some of the pressure off to have it done earlier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users